+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Number 23

The Number 23

http://www.hollywood.com/

A man's life unravels after he comes into contact with an obscure book titled The Number 23. As he reads the book, he becomes increasingly convinced that it is based on his own life. His obsession with the number 23 starts to consume him, and he begins to realize the book forecasts far graver consequences for his life than he could have ever imagined.

Director Credit
    Joel Schumacher Director

Cast Credit
    Jim Carrey Walter Sparrow/Detective Fingerling
    Virginia Madsen Agatha Sparrow/Fabrizia
    Danny Huston Dr. Isaac French/Dr. Miles Phoenix
    Rhona Mitra Laura Tollins
    Logan Lerman Robin Sparrow
    Michelle Arthur Sybil
    Patricia Belcher Dr. Alice Mortimer
    Lynn Collins Suicide Blonde/Mrs. Dobkins
    Mark Pellegrino Kyle Finch

I like the concept, but I'm not sure about Jim Carrey in this role.
    I know he's not going to be manic Jim from his comedies, but, ugh, I'm just not sure how I think he'll hold up in this role.
    I'm loking forward to reading some reviews though because the premise of the movie does interest me.

I might have had my doubts about Jim Carrey myself if I hadn't watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind a couple of weeks ago, not to mention Doing Time on Maple Drive and The Truman Show way back when. These movies convince me that he is a far better dramatic than comedic actor and shouldn't have any problem pulling of something dark like The Number 23. The real problem with the movie is that Joel Schumacher is directing - he is a hack.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This movie looks very interesting. Ever since I saw Jim in Eternal Sunshine... My opinion of him has changed. He's a pretty good dramatic actor.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

has anyone seen this? Im going to go tonight I think..
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

My daughter saw it and didn't like it. Rotten Tomatoes really pans it.
    Count your blessings!

ugh!! what a dissapointment..the ending, and the way everything "worked out" was the best part, but that didnt start till like the last 15-30 minutes..the rest was blah! I would recommend renting it, if you like good endings, but dont mind if the movie itself isnt good.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Re: The Number 23

I liked it. Nothing amazing, and it wasn't scary, but it was fun

I really didn't like this movie, I hated how he was reading a book the whole time.

Just saw this yesterday on On Demand and I LOVED IT! I had my doubts about whether JC could pull off a role like this but I thought he did a fantastic job. My only problem is after it was over, I found myself looking for 23's and 32's everywhere. LOL You gotta wonder if there were any obsessive people out there who saw this movie and found themselves looking for these numbers everywhere and now they'll become obsessed with 23 just like Walter Sparrow and it will drive them insane too. LOL I'm not that bad but I did look for 23 everywhere this morning.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast