+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music & Lyrics

Music & Lyrics

http://www.hollywood.com/

A romantic comedy following Alex Fletcher, a washed-up '80s pop star who's been reduced to working the nostalgia circuit at county fairs and amusement parks. The charismatic and talented musician gets a chance at a comeback when reigning diva Cora Corman invites him to write and record a duet with her, but there's a problem--Alex hasn't written a song in years, he's never written lyrics, and he has to come up with a hit in a matter of days. Enter Sophie Fisher, Alex's beguilingly quirky plant lady, whose flair for words strikes a chord with the struggling songwriter. On the rebound from a bad relationship, Sophie is reluctant to collaborate with anyone, especially commitment-phobe Alex. As their chemistry heats up at the piano and under it, Alex and Sophie will have to face their fears--and the music--if they want to find the love and success they both deserve.

Director Credit
    Marc D Lawrence Director

Cast Credit
    Hugh Grant Alex Fletcher
    Drew Barrymore Sophie Fisher
    Kristen Johnston Rhonda
    Jason Antoon Greg Antonsky
    Billy Griffith Derek
    Scott Porter Colin Thompson
    Toni Trucks
    Haley Bennett Cora Corman
    Ellen Harvey Michelle
    Spenser Leigh Beth
    Emma Lesser Lucy Fisher
    Robert Lin Zen Master
    Aasif Mandvi Khan
    Matthew Morrison Ray
    Brad Garrett
    Campbell Scott

Hugh Grant plays the usual role of a sleazy romantic in this movie and Drew Barrymore plays the usual slightly ditzy character.

FORT Newbie
    cornedbeef, i would have to agree. I don't think im going to see this movie.. ill wait for it to come on PPV or DVD, Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2239078;
    Hugh Grant plays the usual role of a sleazy romantic in this movie and Drew Barrymore plays the usual slightly ditzy character.
    I would agree too. That is why I am going to see it tomorrow
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I'll see it this weekend! Thanks, JLuvs! I was going to post that I wanted to see the movie (I see everything that has my girliecrush Drew in it), but then felt ashamed after reading the previous posts.

Today on WPLJ they had a short clip of Drew talking about the movie, and she clarifies that she "starts out" as a ditzy, flowery character and evolves a bit by the end into someone more serious. heh.

Meanwhile: It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out what Kristen Johnston shouts in the commercial, sounds a little like "You're not going out!" or possibly "Or I'm goin' out", or something. Can't wait to see what it actually is. These are the things that drive me nuts, proving that I am, in fact, insane.
    Last edited by VeronicaBelle27; 02-14-2007 at 05:28 PM.
    Could does not mean should

Brilliant, brilliant movie. I know people say that this genre has be done and overdone, but I think it was actually a fresh new take on a romantic comedy --- and I wasn't expecting that.

Stay for the credits as they show new scenes for the majority of them.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2241906;
    Brilliant, brilliant movie. I know people say that this genre has be done and overdone, but I think it was actually a fresh new take on a romantic comedy --- and I wasn't expecting that.

Stay for the credits as they show new scenes for the majority of them.
    I agree, my new favorite movie that I have seen in awhile..it is sooo good, I started laughing right at the begining and didnt stop, except to AWW a few times, you think that it has been done over and over again, but the witty diologue, and the actual story is fresh and new and it is really really good..I dont watch movies more then once, so I dont buy them...but not only will I buy this movie, but I am thinking about going to see it in the theatre again, it was very very refreshing.
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Drew is just so darn likeable!
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Mr. Rose and I saw this tonight for date night, and we both loved it. It's a fun, sweet movie that is one of the most entertaining we've seen in a long time. The casting is great, with Hugh and Drew having wonderful chemistry between them (they could easily do more movies together), and Kristen Johnston is a riot. Someone new to me, Haley Bennett, was well-cast also.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27;2241310;
    Meanwhile: It's been driving me nuts trying to figure out what Kristen Johnston shouts in the commercial, sounds a little like "You're not going out!" or possibly "Or I'm goin' out", or something. Can't wait to see what it actually is. These are the things that drive me nuts, proving that I am, in fact, insane.
    Even in the theater I couldn't understand what she shouts, and it drives me crazy too -- so much so, I'll probably rent it when it's released and put the closed caption on the tv.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by roseskid;2245860;
    :

Even in the theater I couldn't understand what she shouts, and it drives me crazy too -- so much so, I'll probably rent it when it's released and put the closed caption on the tv.

She's said, "Gary, I'm going out!" It took me awhile to figure it out, but they kept showing that clip on all of the talk shows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast