+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Because I Said So

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2225529;
    The reviews for this one are all bad. And isn't Mandy Moore like 12? (Ok, slight exaggeration) Why would her mom be so intent on marrying off a very young 20something?!
    Well, she's married off the other two daughters and is focussed now on Mandy's character. Because, really, it's all about getting the girls all married and settled in life or else what would they do with themselves? (Plus, Mother Dearest didn't have a happy married life so instead of wanting her daughters to find happiness in/for themselves first (as you think she would) she apparently wants to push them into marriage at all costs. As you do).

The movie wasn't that bad but it wasn't that great either. Diane Keaton's character was so over the top and annoyingly meddlesome. Mandy Moore was okay (and I'm not a big Mandy Moore fan) and Lauren Graham was good. Gabriel Macht is adorable. Over all, I'd say skip it in the theatre, watch it on tv or rent it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Unlike fluff, I adore Lauren Graham - in fact, I'd want her to marry me and have my babies, had it not been biologically impossible - so I'll definitely see this, despite the reviews.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Word of warning, though, Geek, this movie got fewer positive reviews on Rotten Tomato than Norbit did
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I saw this a couple of days ago and it was surprisingly hysterical.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12