+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Nominations 2007

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Oscar Nominations 2007

Complete list of the 79th Annual Academy Award nominations announced Tuesday at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills, Calif.:

1. Best Picture: "Babel," "The Departed," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Little Miss Sunshine," "The Queen."

2. Actor: Leonardo DiCaprio, "Blood Diamond"; Ryan Gosling, "Half Nelson"; Peter O'Toole, "Venus"; Will Smith, "The Pursuit of Happyness"; Forest Whitaker, "The Last King of Scotland."

3. Actress: Penelope Cruz, "Volver"; Judi Dench, "Notes on a Scandal"; Helen Mirren, "The Queen"; Meryl Streep, "The Devil Wears Prada"; Kate Winslet, "Little Children."

4. Supporting Actor: Alan Arkin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jackie Earle Haley, "Little Children"; Djimon Hounsou, "Blood Diamond"; Eddie Murphy, "Dreamgirls"; Mark Wahlberg, "The Departed."

5. Supporting Actress: Adriana Barraza, "Babel"; Cate Blanchett, "Notes on a Scandal"; Abigail Breslin, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Jennifer Hudson, "Dreamgirls"; Rinko Kikuchi, "Babel."

6. Directing: Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu, "Babel"; Martin Scorsese, "The Departed"; Clint Eastwood, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Stephen Frears, "The Queen"; Paul Greengrass, "United 93."

7. Foreign Language Film: "After the Wedding," Denmark; "Days of Glory (Indigenes)," Algeria; "The Lives of Others," Germany; "Pan's Labyrinth," Mexico; "Water," Canada.

8. Adapted Screenplay: Sacha Baron Cohen and Anthony Hines and Peter Baynham and Dan Mazer and Todd Phillips, "Borat Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan"; Alfonso Cuaron and Timothy J. Sexton and David Arata and Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby, "Children of Men"; William Monahan, "The Departed"; Todd Field and Tom Perrotta, "Little Children"; Patrick Marber, "Notes on a Scandal."

9. Original Screenplay: Guillermo Arriaga, "Babel"; Iris Yamashita and Paul Haggis, "Letters From Iwo Jima"; Michael Arndt, "Little Miss Sunshine"; Guillermo del Toro, "Pan's Labyrinth"; Peter Morgan, "The Queen."

10. Animated Feature Film: "Cars," "Happy Feet," "Monster House."

11. Art Direction: "Dreamgirls," "The Good Shepherd," "Pan's Labyrinth," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "The Prestige."

12. Cinematography: "The Black Dahlia," "Children of Men," "The Illusionist," "Pan's Labyrinth," "The Prestige."

13. Sound Mixing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Dreamgirls," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

14. Sound Editing: "Apocalypto," "Blood Diamond," "Flags of Our Fathers," "Letters From Iwo Jima," "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest."

15. Original Score: "Babel," Gustavo Santaolalla; "The Good German," Thomas Newman; "Notes on a Scandal," Philip Glass; "Pan's Labyrinth," Javier Navarrete; "The Queen," Alexandre Desplat.

16. Original Song: "I Need to Wake Up" from "An Inconvenient Truth," Melissa Etheridge; "Listen" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger, Scott Cutler and Anne Preven; "Love You I Do" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Siedah Garrett; "Our Town" from "Cars," Randy Newman; "Patience" from "Dreamgirls," Henry Krieger and Willie Reale.

17. Costume: "Curse of the Golden Flower," "The Devil Wears Prada," "Dreamgirls," "Marie Antoinette," "The Queen."

18. Documentary Feature: "Deliver Us From Evil," "An Inconvenient Truth," "Iraq in Fragments," "Jesus Camp," "My Country, My Country."

19. Documentary (short subject): "The Blood of Yingzhou District," "Recycled Life," "Rehearsing a Dream," "Two Hands."

20. Film Editing: "Babel," "Blood Diamond," "Children of Men," "The Departed," "United 93."

21. Makeup: "Apocalypto," "Click," "Pan's Labyrinth."

22. Animated Short Film: "The Danish Poet," "Lifted," "The Little Matchgirl," "Maestro," "No Time for Nuts."

23. Live Action Short Film: "Binta and the Great Idea (Binta Y La Gran Idea)," "Eramos Pocos (One Too Many)," "Helmer & Son," "The Saviour," "West Bank Story."

24. Visual Effects: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," "Poseidon," "Superman Returns."

Academy Award winners previously announced this year:

HONORARY AWARD (Oscar statuette): Ennio Morricone

JEAN HERSHOLT HUMANITARIAN AWARD (Oscar statuette): Sherry Lansing
    Link

No Best Picture Nod for DreamGirls, but I'm thrilled for Jennifer Hudson.

FORT Fogey
    Woah, I'm totally surprised with the BP snub for Dreamgirls. And sad.

But YAY for Little Miss Sunshine! And ABIGAIL BRESLIN! YES! Still, J-Hud for the win.

FORT Fogey
    I am not a fan of the oscar, they are so bias!. and how did apocalypse not get nominated for best foreign language film?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2212966;
    Woah, I'm totally surprised with the BP snub for Dreamgirls. And sad.

But YAY for Little Miss Sunshine! And ABIGAIL BRESLIN! YES! Still, J-Hud for the win.
    I'm very happy for Abigail Breslin. There are many talented child actors who come across as creepy and too adult like in their roles (Dakota Fanning and Haley Joel Osment, I'm looking at you) Abigail is a great actress, but has always managed to come across as a kid. But I do NOT understand how she qualifies in the supporting actress category for that movie, but Toni Collette was submitted in the best actress category. That makes no sense to me!

FORT Fogey
    ^ Mmm, I think that Toni was sort of caught between supporting and lead actress.

Anyone remember Keshia-Castle Hughes in Whale Rider? Gosh, I loved her in that movie.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by mayukhers112;2212993;
    ^ Mmm, I think that Toni was sort of caught between supporting and lead actress.

Anyone remember Keshia-Castle Hughes in Whale Rider? Gosh, I loved her in that movie.

I would agree that any of the roles in that movie are caught between supporting and lead. I guess that to my way of thinking, they're all either one or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213003;
    I would agree that any of the roles in that movie are caught between supporting and lead. I guess that to my way of thinking, they're all either one or the other.
    Agreed. That movie had pretty much the entire main cast on a level playing field in terms of acting.

I am happy that "An Inconvenient Truth" was nominated for best documentary. Bravo!

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2212984;
    I'm very happy for Abigail Breslin. There are many talented child actors who come across as creepy and too adult like in their roles (Dakota Fanning and Haley Joel Osment, I'm looking at you) Abigail is a great actress, but has always managed to come across as a kid.
    Just ask Macaulay Culkin. Anyway congrats to all the nominees.

Will Smith had my support for Best Actor, just after seeing the preview from Pursuit of Happyness.
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

I'm actually not at all surprised by the Dreamgirls best movie 'snub'. I haven't seen it though I've heard good things about it, but what I hear is how the characters make the movie and not so much the movie itself.

Also very excited Ryan Gosling got nominated for Half Nelson. That is such a well deserved nomination!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast