+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Nominations 2007

I am so excited that Little Miss Sunshine got some Love!
    I am happily looking forward to seeing this years Oscars! There is a real chance for some upsets and the award going to actors who truly gave career-defining performances.

FORT Fogey
    I also must add that I LOVE the fact that Kate Winslet and Cate Blanchett are becoming annual attendees at the Oscars. They are so much more deserving of being the women we know will be there every year than Gwyneth Paltrow and Julia Roberts!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2213376;
    I'm actually not at all surprised by the Dreamgirls best movie 'snub'. I haven't seen it though I've heard good things about it, but what I hear is how the characters make the movie and not so much the movie itself.
    If they are using that criteria then I don't believe that Babel should have been nominated. It had great acting but the movie to me was just OK.

But I'm very happy that Cate Blanchette was nominated for "Notes on a Scandal" instead of Babel.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2212984;
    I'm very happy for Abigail Breslin. There are many talented child actors who come across as creepy and too adult like in their roles (Dakota Fanning and Haley Joel Osment, I'm looking at you) Abigail is a great actress, but has always managed to come across as a kid.
    Dakota Fanning scares me. She's talented, but there's something a little too grown up about her.

I'm thrilled for Abigail. I bet her dress will be cute.

Jennifer Hudson for Best Supporting Actress is enough to make me actually want to watch. Go Jennifer.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;2213967;
    Jennifer Hudson for Best Supporting Actress is enough to make me actually want to watch. Go Jennifer.
    Me too. I doubt that I will even see the movie but I'm thrilled that she got the nod.

--
    i'm really pleased with all of little miss sunshine's nominations. i think alan arkin was fantastic in it.
    Giselle: I need to build some frickin' confidence! How do I do that?
    Elyse: You .. get out of puberty.

It's pretty weird that for 2 years in a row, the movie that won Best Picture: Comedy or Musical in the Golden Globes got snubbed.

I can't believe Little Miss Sunshine was nominated. I did not like that movie and don't understand all the hype about it. The language was a huge turn-off (from a grandfather no less), and the role model he was for his granddaughter was incomprehensible.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    If Kate doesn't win this time, then they're looking to give it too her for best supporting. She's been nominated several times in the past 2-3 years. Reminds me of Renee a bit. Im super glad beyonce was not nominated.
    I wish The Last King would've gotten more recognition though.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast