+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

http://www.hollywood.com/

In the sprawling, privileged neighborhoods around L.A., bored teenagers with too much time and too much money string one hazy day into another, looking for the next thrill--doing suburban imitations of the thug life they idolize from rap music, video games and movies. When youíre living without any consequences, anything can happen. And in the hot California summer six years ago, something did.Johnny Truelove controls the drugs on the well-manicured streets of his neighborhood. Where Johnny goes, the party, the girls and his loyal gang follow. When heís double-crossed over missing deal money by raging hothead Jake, Johnny and his gang impulsively kidnap Jakeís little brother, Zack, holding him as a marker and heading to Palm Springs. With no parents in sight, they grow used to having the kid around, and Zack enjoys an illicit summer fantasy of drinking, girls and new experiences. Out in the desert, Johnny and his boys lose sight that the kid is a hostage who canít just be neatly returned. As the days tick by, the options of how to get themselves out of their situation start to disappear. Good times turn bad and bad turns worse as Johnny finds himself out of his league and with no idea how to fix it.

Director Credit
    Nick Cassavetes Director

Cast Credit
    Justin Timberlake Frankie Ballenbarcher
    Bruce Willis Sonny Truelove
    Sharon Stone Olivia Mazursky
    Emile Hirsch Johnny Truelove
    Dominique Swain Susan Hartunian
    Ben Foster Jake Mazursky
    Vincent Kartheiser Pick Giamo
    Shawn Hatosy Elvis Schmidt
    David Thornton Butch Mazursky
    Heather Wahlquist Wanda Haynes
    Christopher Marquette Keith Stratten
    Lukas Haas Buzz Fecske
    Olivia Wilde Angela Holden
    Anton Yelchin Zack Mazursky
    Alex Kingston Tiffy Hartunian
    Harry Dean Stanton Cosmo Gadabeeti

Justin Timberlake is in this movie, as well as three upcoming movies. I don't know how good an actor he is or will become, but that is not a bad start.

From the trailers I've seen it looks as though Timberlake can hold his own with the established actors pretty well in this movie.
    Not sure if he can sustain it throughout the entire movie of course.
    Pretty decent cast and from the trailers I'd say it's worth a look.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Judging by his two appearances on "Saturday Night Live," I'd say Timberlake's a pretty good comedic actor (at least as good as half the cast!). I think he probably will do well in films.

+ Reply to Thread