+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arthur and the Invisibles

Arthur and the Invisibles

http://www.hollywood.com/

Ten-year-old Arthur has a lot on his plate: a real estate developer is about to snap up his grandma's home... and there's no way Arthur's going to hang around for his parents or grandparents to sort out the problem. Maybe the solution lies in his grandpa's treasure, which is hidden somewhere on the "other side" in the land of the Minimoys. The creatures that inhabit this world are just a tenth of an inch tall and live in perfect harmony with their environment. Arthur ventures into this world of the Minimoys, where he meets Princess Selenia and her brother Betameche. Together they set off to look for the treasure that will save his grandma. An action-packed adventure ensues, full of pitfalls and intrigues, all the way up to the forbidden city ruled by the evil M the Malicious. Arthur's journey in the Minimoys universe reveals that sometimes the smallest heroes make the biggest difference.

Director Credit
    Luc Besson Director

Cast Credit
    Madonna Ciccone Voice of Princess Selenia
    Freddie Highmore Arthur
    Mia Farrow Arthur's Grandmother
    Calvin Broadus Voice of Max
    David Bowie Voice of Maltazard
    Penny Balfour Arthur's Mother
    Jason Bateman
    Robert De Niro
    Jimmy Fallon
    Anthony Anderson
    Chazz Palminteri
    Harvey Keitel Voice

Yet another adorable little movie. I wasn't aware that this was going to take place in the 40's/50's.... and found myself wishing that there was a bit more time spent on the animated Minimoy world, but it was simply adorable nonetheless.

Jordan was enthralled and not once did he offer a halfhearted "when is this going to be over?" as he normally asks, but rarely means anyways. Success!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I'm glad someone wrote about this. I'm thinking of taking my Little Sister, but hadn't heard any reviews.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    It was panned in our local paper...which loved the penguin dance movie, so isn't just bigoted against animation.

elk
    I really enjoyed this movie. My 12 year old daughter (an anime fan) absolutely loved it and sat well through it (she has ADD so that can be a challenge). My son, who has autism was able to sit through a great deal of it, so that is a good review in my opinion!
    "I'll meet you at the place near the thing that we went to that time." - Albert Brooks to Holly Hunter in Broadcast News

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2204344;
    Yet another adorable little movie. I wasn't aware that this was going to take place in the 40's/50's.... and found myself wishing that there was a bit more time spent on the animated Minimoy world, but it was simply adorable nonetheless.

Jordan was enthralled and not once did he offer a halfhearted "when is this going to be over?" as he normally asks, but rarely means anyways. Success!
    See that was my impression too, but when Arthur was in the one club dancing they used the BeeGee's 'You Should Be Dancing' (I think) from Saturday Night Fever and that was disco era late 70's. That really threw me off the timeline. Still It was better than I thought it would be, the character design was terrific.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread