+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Children of Men

The Children of Men

http://www.hollywood.com/

A futuristic society faces extinction when no children are born and the human race has lost the ability to reproduce. England has descended into chaos, until an iron-handed warden is brought in to institute martial law. The warden's ability to keep order is threatened when a woman finds that she is pregnant with what would be the first child born in 27 years.

Director Credit
    Alfonso Cuaron Director
    Cast Credit
    Julianne Moore Julian Taylor
    Clive Owen Theo Faron
    Michael Caine Jasper
    Chiwetel Ejiofor Luke
    Charlie Hunnam Patric
    Clare-Hope Ashitey Kee
    Danny Huston Nigel
    Michael Klesic Rado
    Jacek Koman Tomaz
    Peter Mullan Syd

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I use the book for this movie for a class on reproductive issues...or they can choose The Handmaid's Tale (one is on the consequences of male sterility, one on female sterility). Out of print... so hard to get...hoping the movie will bring it back!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2185575;
    I use the book for this movie for a class on reproductive issues...or they can choose The Handmaid's Tale (one is on the consequences of male sterility, one on female sterility). Out of print... so hard to get...hoping the movie will bring it back!

I saw The Handmaid's Tale and I enjoyed it.

I saw a trailer for this the other day and must confess that it piqued my interest.

I like Clive Owen a lot, not so keen on Julianne Moore.
    Hopefully she's playing an American in this.
    I watched an interview with Madonna the other day and don't think I can sit through another faked Brit accent for a while.
    Last edited by fluff; 12-27-2006 at 06:06 PM.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I've wanted to see this film from the moment i read of the plot. I hope to catch it in the neext few days.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I saw this today, and loved it, except for all the close-ups of Clive Owens feet, but it ranks right up there with Blade Runner as a sci-fi classic. Alfonso Curaon scores again. Now just have to wait for Pan's Labryinth.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander;2197069;
    I saw this today, and loved it, except for all the close-ups of Clive Owens feet.
    I'd take all of Clive Owen, including his wonky flip-flop clad feet. Yum.

This was a great movie - visceral, provocative, thrilling, even funny in parts. Pick a superlative, basically. And it works on two levels, as a highly topical intellectual drama and as a straight-on chase/action movie, so I can see it appealing to a large group of people.

Fluff:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Julianne does play an American. And she dies fairly early on. So don't let her keep you from seeing it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Brilliant movie. I really enjoyed it. When they were at the fugee camp all I could think was I do not want the world to turn into this. Very powerful scenes. I so wanted blondie mop head guy to die.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I saw the film two weeks back and I am still going over it in my head at times. That makes it a good movie for me. I don't want the world to turn to into anything remotely close to that either.
    I must say though, some people left the theather halfway through the movie and at the end there was a lot of cussing when the lights went on (stupid movie, I want my money back and so on). Even my boyfriend was expecting a horror movie, because of the name of the movie I guess. This movie was 3 for 3, Dreamgirls was awesome, Babel tugged at something fundemental in me and left me feeling....i don't know...so much afterwards, and Children of men still is not letting go of me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by cmneman;2199671;
    I saw the film two weeks back and I am still going over it in my head at times. That makes it a good movie for me. I don't want the world to turn to into anything remotely close to that either.
    I must say though, some people left the theather halfway through the movie and at the end there was a lot of cussing when the lights went on (stupid movie, I want my money back and so on). Even my boyfriend was expecting a horror movie, because of the name of the movie I guess. This movie was 3 for 3, Dreamgirls was awesome, Babel tugged at something fundemental in me and left me feeling....i don't know...so much afterwards, and Children of men still is not letting go of me.
    That definitely makes me want to see it....the last movie that had that effect on me was Brokeback Mountain which took weeks to get out of my head.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast