+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

http://www.hollywood.com/

Former heavyweight champion Rocky Balboa steps out of retirement and back into the ring, putting himself against a new rival in a dramatically different era. After a virtual boxing match declares Rocky Balboa the victor over current champion Mason "The Line" Dixon, the legendary fighter's passion and spirit are reignited. But when his desire to fight in small, regional competitions is trumped by promoters calling for a rematch of the cyber-fight, Balboa must weigh the mental and physical risks of a high profile exhibition match against his need to be in the ring.

Sylvester Stallone Rocky Balboa
    Burt Young Paulie
    Milo Ventimiglia Rocky Balboa, Jr.
    Antonio Tarver Mason "The Line" Dixon
    Geraldine Hughes Marie
    Tony Burton Duke
    James Francis Kelly III Steps
    A J Benza L.C.
    Talia Shire Adrian
    Lou Dibella Himself
    Mike Tyson Himself

Hasn't this series been done to death. Please Slyvester have a little dignity.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey
    I don't know if it is true or not, but I have heard reports that the only reason he did this movie is that it was the only way he could get the studio to make another Rambo movie. So not only are we going to be subjected to more of one Stallone franchise that has been beaten into the ground, but we'll get another one! You'd think that Sly could take advantage of Arnold not making movies for a few years to put something original out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2181420;
    Hasn't this series been done to death. Please Sylvester have a little dignity.
    This one is actually getting rave reviews, surprisingly enough.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2181488;
    I've observed that it's getting rave reviews from a lot of media outlets who are also getting interviews and promotional support from Stallone. The outlets who are panning it are also being denied access to Stallone. As just one example, on the radio, Opie and Anthony panned the movie. They tried and tried to get an interview with Stallone, but all they were told they could get was Frank Stallone. On the other hand, Rush Limbaugh saw a preview, said very good things about the movie, and Stallone appeared on his show. When you consider the audience of both of those radio shows, and the fact that I am probably the only thing the two share, and consider which audience would naturally have the larger potential of movie viewers, I'd say it would have to be Opie and Anthony. It makes me think that Stallone may be trading good reviews for access.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I liked the first movie and the sequel that had Dolph Lundgren in it (I must break you!)... But in the commercials for this new film, Stallone just looks like he's going to melt if it gets too hot out. Excess plastic surgery is not attractive on anyone!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Maybe Rush has a bigger audience of potential fight movie watchers? Or a bigger audience of people who will do what he says?

Hmmmph. Opie and Anthony don't exactly draw the biggest celebs as their interview style isn't exactly conducive to quality publicity. Sylvester Stallone isn't big on putting himself in a position to be the butt of jokes so it's easily understood why he wouldn't appear on their show. And I don't take anything they say as a quality review. After all, they think a 20 minute segment of Jimmy taking a crap on the toilet is quality radio, fer christ's sake.

So I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that he's selling interviews for good reviews.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2181488;
    The reviewers were afraid that Mike Tyson would bite off part of their ear if they made negative comments about the movie.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2182051;
    Maybe Rush has a bigger audience of potential fight movie watchers? Or a bigger audience of people who will do what he says?

Rush most certainly has the bigger audience. I was speaking more of the psychographics. The O&A audience is much more likely to go to an action/sports movie - especially on opening weekend - than the Limbaugh audience. And the truth with radio interviews is that they're easily done over the phone, so he could have done both.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast