+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rocky Balboa

I can't wait to go and see this movie it's going to be great.

I finally got to watch Rocky Balboa and it was great! It started out slow but the fight was great, I recommend it.

Just saw this the other day. I have to admit I am a HUGE Rocky fan. I loved the story! The ending was excellent. Bawled like a baby at the beginning and end. If you feel any love for Rocky, forget the debacle that was Rocky 5 and go see this!

Re: Rocky Balboa

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2195479;
    Just saw this the other day. I have to admit I am a HUGE Rocky fan. I loved the story! The ending was excellent. Bawled like a baby at the beginning and end. If you feel any love for Rocky, forget the debacle that was Rocky 5 and go see this!
    well I guess I am too years too late...I never had any interest in watching this movie cause like I heard it mentioned up in the thread "isn't this series worn out"....but I have to admit...this was one of the best ones...and a great movie..
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

FORT Fan

It's been awhile since I watched Rocky Balboa, but I really enjoyed it. I appreciated the teaching moments. It had another appeal to me which wouldn't be there for most people. My dad grew up in that neighborhood and as an amateur boxer, he used to box in the gym they showed. I thought it was neat to see his old stomping grounds.

MRD

You know, I really liked this movie as well. I loved the Rocky movies and thought this one was great. But I missed Adrian.

I liked the very, very, very end where it showed all those regular people running up the steps like Rocky. I want to go there now and run up the steps too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I saw this when it first came out on video. I rented it because my dad said it was so good. I didn't like it, & neither did my husband. It was soooo sloooow & I just didn't like it. It just didn't do anything for me.

However, I love the original Rocky. The second sequel & third are pretty good too (but I hated that Apollo Creed got killed in the third one). After the third one, they just got annoying. I was like, "give it a rest already, would ya?"
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12