+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night at the Museum

Night at the Museum

http://www.hollywood.com/

Good-hearted dreamer Larry Daley, despite being perpetually down on his luck, thinks he’s destined for something big. But even he could never have imagined how “big,” when he accepts what appears to be a menial job as a graveyard-shift security guard at a museum of natural history. During Larry’s watch, extraordinary things begin to occur: Mayans, Roman Gladiators, and cowboys emerge from their diorama to wage epic battles; in his quest for fire, a Neanderthal burns down his own display; Attila the Hun pillages his neighboring exhibits, and a T-Rex reminds everyone why he’s history’s fiercest predator. Amidst the chaos, the only person Larry can turn to for advice is a wax figure of President Teddy Roosevelt , who helps our hero harness the bedlam, stop a nefarious plot, and save the museum.

Director Credit
    Shawn Levy Director
    Cast Credit
    Ben Stiller Larry Daley
    Robin Williams Theodore Roosevelt
    Dick Van Dyke Cecil Fredricks
    Patrick Gallagher Attila the Hun
    Mickey Rooney Kaa
    Ricky Gervais Hippopotamus/Bambi
    Ed Helms The Dentist
    Matthew Harrison Neanderthal Man
    Kim Raver
    Carla Gugino
    Bill Cobbs
    Rami Malek

This movie opens this Friday, December 22. The kids and i will be going to see it this weekend... it looks cute.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

We're going to see this as late as we can on Christmas Eve.
    My boys have been looking forward to this for ages.

I may have to go see this one. I've had a soft spot for Ben Stiller since his brilliant work in Zoolander, but I can't stand the kind of adolescent male humor that characterizes so many of his movies.
    Token Christian.

If truth is relative, how do you know?

I love Ben Stiller. Robin Williams, not so much, but I'm still going to have to see this one.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by jasmar;2182934;
    I may have to go see this one. I've had a soft spot for Ben Stiller since his brilliant work in Zoolander, but I can't stand the kind of adolescent male humor that characterizes so many of his movies.
    That's funny, as Zoolander is the only Ben Stiller movie that I absolutely cannot stand. Eh, scratch that; I hated Along Came Polly, too, but not because he was over the top.

Night at the Museum was absolutely adorable. I had read a pretty negative review on cnn.com yesterday and was a little worried that it wasn't going to be as funny as expected.. .but once again it's been proven that if a critic dislikes a movie I am sure to love it.

You'll all be happy to know that neither Ben Stiller nor Robin Williams play over the top characters. Robin Williams, in fact, is very subdued as Teddy Roosevelt come to life. He interjects just the right amount of tenderness, guidance, and humor into the role and I think even non-Robin Williams fans will appreciate him. Ben Stiller plays just an earnest, somewhat unreliable father that is desperate to provide stability for his son and therefore keeps this job he's tempted to quit after finding out everything comes to life at night. He, too, plays an extremely likeable character... and you'll love his scenes with the monkey.

Oh.. and... cameo role for Owen Wilson, if you haven't heard. Quite funny.

from me and the kids. This will be one that I own... it's that cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2186416;
    That's funny, as Zoolander is the only Ben Stiller movie that I absolutely cannot stand. Eh, scratch that; I hated Along Came Polly, too, but not because he was over the top.

Night at the Museum was absolutely adorable. I had read a pretty negative review on cnn.com yesterday and was a little worried that it wasn't going to be as funny as expected.. .but once again it's been proven that if a critic dislikes a movie I am sure to love it.

You'll all be happy to know that neither Ben Stiller nor Robin Williams play over the top characters. Robin Williams, in fact, is very subdued as Teddy Roosevelt come to life. He interjects just the right amount of tenderness, guidance, and humor into the role and I think even non-Robin Williams fans will appreciate him. Ben Stiller plays just an earnest, somewhat unreliable father that is desperate to provide stability for his son and therefore keeps this job he's tempted to quit after finding out everything comes to life at night. He, too, plays an extremely likeable character... and you'll love his scenes with the monkey.

Oh.. and... cameo role for Owen Wilson, if you haven't heard. Quite funny.

from me and the kids. This will be one that I own... it's that cute.
    Zoolander was one of my favorite Ben Stiller movies, but is this movie worth watching in theaters?

It really depends upon what you're looking for at the time, I guess. My sister and I didn't regret the purchase at all. It was a nice, lighthearted, funny trip to the movies.

We went to see it on Christmas Eve and loved it.
    We particularly enjoyed seeing Ricky Gervais, but he could read a Walmart receipt and we'd find him hilarious.
    Huge thumbs up all round from us.

Took my Little Sister to this today and the place was jam packed. It was ok. I'm not a Ben Stiller fan. Wasn't that his mother playing the lady at the temp. agency? Loved Dick Van Dyke's dance at the end during credits. Sit for a minute and enjoy that before rushing out. Wow.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast