+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Night at the Museum

Personally I don't like this kind of movie, since the entire plot is shown on the trailer and I feel why waste my time and money. Anyway it was my niece's birthday and it was her choice. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a very good movie and I highly recommend it for both adults and kids. Robin Williams and Owen Wilson were great in their roles. There are a couple of inside jokes between Owen Wilson and the Roman general that the adults will get but the will go over the kids heads. Definitely a thumbs up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Went to see it on Jan 1st. Wasn't overly impressed. I usually enjoy Stiller movies but this one wasn't that funny. There were some good points like when the Owen Wilson and Roman general characters were by the van but otherwise kinda boring. Best part of the movie though was The Simpsons movie preview - OMG that looks hilarious.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

I saw this yesterday, and lately have been very disappointed in any movie we spent money on.

i wasn't disappointed here. It was fun. I was laughing. A great way to start a new year - and I felt it was worth it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/en...800227400.html

Hit movie may have boosted NY museum attendance

Fri Jan 05, 5:04 AM ET

The number of visitors to New York's American Museum of Natural History jumped by nearly 20 percent during the holiday period, and a Hollywood hit is probably responsible, museum officials said on Thursday.

"Night at the Museum," released on December 22, stars Ben Stiller as a security guard at a natural history museum where exhibits come to life at night. The exterior of the American Museum of Natural History is featured in the film.

"I think that (the movie) absolutely played a part," Steve Reichl, director of media relations at the museum, said of the visitor increase.

He said that between December 22 and January 2 there were 50,000 more visitors than a year earlier, a period coinciding with the movie.

The family comedy so far has earned more than $137 million -- topping the North American box office during its first two weekends.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12