+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DreamGirls - 12/25

Thank you Krom!! I was just trying to sort through my early morning mind to figure out how to search this on the web, and now I don't have to. I went with my oldest daughter and she had the same questions.
    We had a group of noisy teens (about a dozen of them) who started caterwauling on every song until someone went and got the manager halfway through the movie. I wonder if I complained today if they'd let me see it again for free.
    Count your blessings!

Diana Ross is on Letterman's show tonight.

Lets see if he asks her about Dreamgirls. Supposedly she loathes it, for obvious reasons I guess.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This was the best movie I've seen in a long time. I seen it know 6 times and know all the words to the songs.
    I'm in love with the Dreams

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2206894;
    Diana Ross is on Letterman's show tonight.

Lets see if he asks her about Dreamgirls. Supposedly she loathes it, for obvious reasons I guess.
    On Good Morning America she said she hasn't seen the film yet. I wonder if she's seen the play.

I just saw it a second time with a friend who heard me raving about it and wanted to see it. I actually had to wipe a tear during the show-stopper "And I am Telling You..." Powerful stuff.
    Count your blessings!

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2210466;
    I just saw it a second time with a friend who heard me raving about it and wanted to see it. I actually had to wipe a tear during the show-stopper "And I am Telling You..." Powerful stuff.
    I just saw it today and my eyes watered during that scene. I posted this in the pet peeves thread, but I'll repeat it here. Someone near me kept talking to their friends and the screen during the whole movie. One of them even tried to sing along to "And I am Telling you."

rt1ky - there were rowdy teens the first time I saw it and finally someone went and got the manager and they were thrown out. All the more reason to go see it again! If it's still playing when my daughter gets back from Spain, I'm taking her to see it. I guess I'll have to buy it on DVD when it comes out to get my fill.
    Count your blessings!

Wow. I just saw it and was blown away. By far the best movie I've seen all year. Jennifer Hudson was incredible! Who knew she had THAT voice? Eddie Murphy was great too! I was surprised by Beyonce as well. I never remeber liking
    her in any movie. And Jamie Foxx was great too. Go see it!
    You've heard of theater in the round? Well, you're looking at the man who invented theater in the square! Nobody had a good seat!"

-The Producers

Finally the movie was released here this weekend. I think that the acting was brilliant and the casting for all parts in this movie was superb.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2211618;
    Finally the movie was released here this weekend. I think that the acting was brilliant and the casting for all parts in this movie was superb.
    All except for that Urkel kid being in it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast