+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DreamGirls - 12/25

FORT Fogey
    I saw it the day after Christmas and it was great. Jennifer Hudson was just ridiculously amazing. She deserves all the acolades she is getting. When she sang "And I Am Telling You", that was one of the best scenes I have seen in a movie in a longtime. Splendid! I have never been in an audience at a movie where the audience burst into applause like that as they did after she sang.

I cant wait to see it. Im going today after work

FORT Newbie
    Loved it! Everyone was good. Jennifer was amazing. One question, though, how is it that she is up for Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes, but Beyonce is up for Lead Actress. How is that figured? It sure seemed to me like Jennifer was the star and lead of this movie.

Our audience applauded during the middle of the movie, too. I have never seen that happen before. I sure hope they let her sing at some of these award shows that she is sure to be a part of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace232521;2189277;
    Loved it! Everyone was good. Jennifer was amazing. One question, though, how is it that she is up for Best Supporting Actress at the Golden Globes, but Beyonce is up for Lead Actress. How is that figured? It sure seemed to me like Jennifer was the star and lead of this movie.

Our audience applauded during the middle of the movie, too. I have never seen that happen before. I sure hope they let her sing at some of these award shows that she is sure to be a part of this year.
    I said this before in another thread, but I'll say it again to bring up a good thing about her getting nominated for Best Supporting Actress.

So you know Helen Mirren? She's been getting SO much praise for her work in The Queen that she's a shoe-in to win Best Actress at the Oscar's. If Jennifer were nominated for Best Actress, there would have been the slightest chance she could have won it going against Helen. Maybe if Helen were not nominated, she could have won, but Helen is going to be nominated at the Oscar's. But since she's nominated for Best Supporting Actress, she has a very good chance on winning it.

FORT Fogey
    This movie was absolutely amazing. Albeit, there were some gripes, but still 4 stars out of 4. AMAZING.

Yeah, my audience clapped after J-Hud's "And I'm Telling You", too.

Oh, this is good........loved it. Going again. Jennifer Hudson is amazing. I haven't seen a movie I've enjoyed more all year.

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy;2188786;
    I saw it the day after Christmas and it was great. Jennifer Hudson was just ridiculously amazing. She deserves all the acolades she is getting. When she sang "And I Am Telling You", that was one of the best scenes I have seen in a movie in a longtime. Splendid! I have never been in an audience at a movie where the audience burst into applause like that as they did after she sang.
    It was the same when I saw it, people were cheering at the end of that song and some girls gave it a standing ovation. It was a great movie, loved the music and the costumes. The cast was all good but Eddie Murphy was great but Jennifer was the stand out.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Why isn't this movie playing anywhere near me? I have the soundtrack and listen to it endlessly, but can't find a place to see the movie without travelling an hour.
    Count your blessings!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2195502;
    Why isn't this movie playing anywhere near me? I have the soundtrack and listen to it endlessly, but can't find a place to see the movie without travelling an hour.
    Its not playing anywhere near me either! I love the soundtrack though!!!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Hard to believe that this movie is not yet out in wide release. They just bumped the date from 1/19 to 1/12, so you should only have to wait one more week. It's already made $41.3M on 852 screens, that's in comparison to $55.8M on 3745 screens for Charlotte's Web. The per screen average is $21.6K.

No idea why the delayed the wide release.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast