+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Queen

The Queen

This is about the death of princess Diana and has received rave reviews.

I saw this movie today. Brilliant acting. I think the Prince Phillip portrayal was spot on, though I am not sure about the Queen's Mum. Overall, very well done.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Heh, JLuvs... but there's been a lot of talk about the Queen Mum having been a nutter. Is that not true???

I saw this movie today and found it thought-provoking, albeit not exactly revolutionary. I thought the (was it the Queen's?) comment about how the people were memorializing the public Diana and not the Diana that they knew to be quite poignant, and that started the beginning of the sympathizing of her characterization. And the scene with the deer while in Scotland... powerful.

I'm glad they equalized her role with Blair's role by the end of the movie.

Helen Mirren was amazing, as always. I'd heard that she had had a meeting with the Queen while filming this movie, and it felt so awkward knowing that she was put in such a poor light throughout the beginning of the movie. I'd be interested to hear Prince Philip's reaction. *snicker*
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I want to see this so badly!

Helen Mirren is an amazing actress. (Is she a Dame yet? I bet she will be, after this...and possibly an Oscar winner, also.)

Thought the local theater didn't have it any more (hubby said) so didn't go to the movies Friday. Then found out today it's there after all. Maybe we can go tomorrow afternoon. There are 3 movies there I'd like to see.

Like the movie Bobby, The Queen implements live footage as well, and I think that is a brilliant touch. I've heard enough about both films to make me curious, though I think I will like The Queen best. I loved Princess Di.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    My brother saw it, thought it was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;2155518;
    Thought the local theater didn't have it any more (hubby said) so didn't go to the movies Friday. Then found out today it's there after all. Maybe we can go tomorrow afternoon.
    Tricky hubby! He almost got away with it, too.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I saw the movie over the weekend and I loved it!

Helen Mirren was amazing in it and resembled the queen so well. I do also think that the Queen Mother was portrayed a little too nasty, but who knows what she was really like. Tony Blair was spot on though.

+ Reply to Thread