+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Prestige

The Prestige

Saw previews for this and found it interesting plus it's by Christopher Nolan as director. I liked him from Momento and Batman Begins.

This is the next one I want to see, too, Cornedbeef. It opens tomorrow. I may go see it this weekend.

so so good.
    so good.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

O M G! See this before someone spoils the ending for you! I looooooved it! Drink a large coffee before you go and be ready for twists and turns and things going on in 3 different time periods. I don't know how we're going to discuss this one here without spoilers, but I'm dying for someone to discuss it with!!! What do you think the last shot meant and what were the last words? I didn't catch them and was viewing alone while my teen was in a different movie with friends. See it soon! Don't read or hear about the ending first!!!
    Count your blessings!

See, now I have to go see this before it gets spoiled.

This movie sounds absolutely intriguing! I was a huge fan of both Memento and Batmans Begins, and I usually love anything with Christian Bale in it, so all in all, a must-see movie. I'll try to steer clear of spoilers until I have the opportunity to see it.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

What do you mean by the last shot Gut?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    When Bale was walking away from Jackman?
    I'm dying to discuss as well. I have discusses it to death with Mr Nerd
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Just saw Prestige this weekend - loved it! The eye candy was, of course, great (what's not to like with both Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman in a movie). The movie was intriguing, thought provoking, and surprising. The ending came as a complete surprise to me and if you've seen the movie, don't reveal the ending, it would spoil it. It's the kind of movie you discuss afterward and try to figure out. It's not a movie for people who get confused easily and want something simple and straight forward.

I saw this again with my daughter yesterday because her friends were all busy and she really wanted to see it. She claims to have figured out the end halfway through the movie. Like someone says in the movie, once you know the trick it seems so obvious. There were hundreds of clues I didn't know to look for the first time (someone says that in the movie, too). We discussed it all the way home. My questions about the final shot were answered because I had been focussing on one thing the first time and saw the whole picture the second time... it comes full circle to the opening shot. Incredible film. See it again, if only on DVD when it comes out (although it is an incredible full screen viewing).
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan
    Spoiler!!! DON"T READ IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN

Click to see Spoiler:
    can someone explain the last shot to me? when we saw Jackman inside the glasses box when Bale walked away? Also, which Bale was hanged? The father of the girl or the one with Scarlette? Are they brothers? or just double that Bale found? Finally, does the machine generate another Jackman when used? with the same thoughts and memories? and each time the original Jackman is replaced?
    Last edited by Mariner; 11-04-2006 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Add Spoiler Tags

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast