+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Miss Sunshine

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Little Miss Sunshine

I went to see this movie yesterday and really enjoyed it. It is very much a dramedy, very dark at times but also laugh out loud funny. Steve Carrell is awesome. Big time Oscar calibre performances all around.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

We saw it last week and loved it. The acting was all-round phenomenal and the kid was adorable (something you will almost never hear from).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    We saw it last week and loved it. The acting was all-round phenomenal and the kid was adorable (something you will almost never hear from).
    I haven't seen it, yet, because it's in very limited release in Chicago. By "kid", do you mean Abigail Breslin, formerly from SIGNS? I adore her and she's one of the main reasons I want to see this flick. She's ten years old, now; was 6 when she did SIGNS.

Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

That would be the kid, alright. Actually, the kid who played her older brother was great as well. I am not remotely child-centric, so if I'm saying kids are good, they're good .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I saw this one today and laughed until I cried....and then I just cried a bit too. It was hilarious in the way that real life is. The cast was terrific and ITA that Steve Carrell stood out. I think he's got so much more talent than we've even seen. I can't wait to see what he does next. Abby Breslin was absolutely adorable and that ending had me howling! The "moves" she learned from her grandfather = Alan Arkin still has it - that man is a huge talent.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey
    This movie was amazing. I was laughing SO, SO hard! Haha I really, truly loved the part when Olive (Abi Breslin) was left at the gas station, so they came back for her but she had to run after the car to get in! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I saw this one today and laughed until I cried....and then I just cried a bit too. It was hilarious in the way that real life is. The cast was terrific and ITA that Steve Carrell stood out. I think he's got so much more talent than we've even seen. I can't wait to see what he does next. Abby Breslin was absolutely adorable and that ending had me howling! The "moves" she learned from her grandfather = Alan Arkin still has it - that man is a huge talent.
    Critical: What bit of the movie did you cry at? My partner, Sally, and I saw it this weekend and fell in love with the entire film, but I couldn't find any part that was sad enough to cry. Maybe when
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the grandfather died?
    But, like you, we sure found enough to laugh our asses off during the entire film!

And those "moves" of Olive's....we were mimicing them back at the hotel after the film! What a hoot!

Yeah, this is one great film that deserves every single good review that it got.

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

lambikins, I cried when the silent son (can't remember name - can barely remember own name) got the bit of news from Proust scholar uncle that would adversely affect his planned future. Mr. Rattus teared up a little when Olive came down the hill and put her arm around him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    lambikins, I cried when the silent son (can't remember name - can barely remember own name) got the bit of news from Proust scholar uncle that would adversely affect his planned future. Mr. Rattus teared up a little when Olive came down the hill and put her arm around him.
    Okay, I could easily see why that moment would affect someone, especially if they've experienced a big disappointment in real life.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    And Olive...what a sweetie when she went down to her brother, said nothing and just laid her arm on him. I liked their relationship, how he helped her back up the hill by just grabbing hold of her and lifting her bodily up the hill...darn slippery cowboy boots!

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Okay, I could easily see why that moment would affect someone, especially if they've experienced a big disappointment in real life.
    Oh, I haven't had a disappointment of quite that calibre - I just seem to cry at every movie these days. I cried at one point during Snakes on a Plane
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when the nice older stewardess died
    and during The Breakup
    Click to see Spoiler:
    when VV filled out the trip log and gave it to Vd'O
    . And no, I'm not pregnant .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast