+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What movie is this from?

What movie is this from?

I need help with something. I have in my head a scene from a movie and I'm not sure what movie it is. I think it may be End of Days but I want to get everyone's input. Here's the scene. "Satan" is having sex with 2 women (at least I remember it being the "satan" character and all of a sudden, the scene gets really weird and the bodies start melding together. I thought at first it was "Devil's Advocate" but I just watched it on Encore and there was nothing like that in there so I'm trying to figure out what movie I'm thinking of. Any input? I can't think of any of the actors in the movie but it's within the last 10 years.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

If that was Gabriel Byrne as the devil then it is End of Days.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Yeah. I found out from Blockbuster tonight that it was indeed "End of Days". I hate it when I get one memorable scene from a movie in my head but can't think of the actors or the name of the movie.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I have had that problem with a BOOK for years!

haha No one could help me online tho
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    I have had that problem with a BOOK for years!

haha No one could help me online tho
    Do you recall any of the specific dialogue? If so, entering it into a search engine might prove ultimately effective, so long as you don't mind wading through all the misses.

I'm hoping some of you war movie buffs can help me out with this one. A long time ago I caught a little bit of a movie but never did see the beginning or end and can't remember who the actors were. The premise of the movie was American soldiers were captured (in Germany I think) and the person holding them captive kept them captive even after the war was over but the American's didn't know this. I think maybe the captor was lonely or something. I think it was black and white as well. I want to say they were held in a basement prison. I'd really like to see this all the way through and normally I'm not a war movie fan. Anyone have any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2280340;
    The premise of the movie was American soldiers were captured (in Germany I think) and the person holding them captive kept them captive even after the war was over but the American's didn't know this. I think maybe the captor was lonely or something. I think it was black and white as well. I want to say they were held in a basement prison. I'd really like to see this all the way through and normally I'm not a war movie fan. Anyone have any ideas?
    I believe I'm familiar with the movie you mention, though I recall it slightly different than you. Details are sparse in my memory, I just saw it the single time when it made its theatrical debut.

I only recall one American soldier, and instead of being captured and imprisioned in the basement, the (lonely, I agree) person secreted him in the basement to hide him and protect him from getting captured.

Seems like he manages to get out somehow only after 10 or 15 years has past.

I've thought about this movie numerous times over the years. You're the first person I've encountered that recalls it. Even my own sister/constant movie sidekicks have maintained I imagined a movie that doesn't exist. And THEY'RE the ones graced with superior memories. HA!

No clue as to title, one possible actor in mind. I'm going to check him out now just to shake the insistent fool from saying ME! ME! ME! even, or rather especially if he's not the one.

Situation Hopeless... But Not Serious (1965)

An American bomber goes down over Germany during WWII and two of its crew one officer and one sergeant find themselves as captives of a German civilian in his cellar. Alec Guinness, Robert Redford and Mike Connors star in this mid 60's comedy/drama caper. Guinness plays a somewhat milquetoast civilian who decides to hold the duo in his cellar. However once the war ends he fails to release them or alert the authorities opting instead to keep them informed the war is still going on by making up his own news on the conflict. The film lags at certain points but is still an entertaining off beat story.

I remembered it was Redford, but couldn't think of the movie.

Well done. schmoo2.

I'm still figuring its the movie I had in mind, though I was off on every detail.

This flick is mentioned as being a comedy, while I recall it as being sad, though I clearly don't recall much.

I'd been picturing James Colburn as the soldier. Didn't realize or had the knowledge that he had died slip from my memory.

Thank you schmoo2 and Leftcoaster! I do remember a well-known actor being in it, in this case Robert Redford, but I couldn't remember who. And Leftcoaster, your movie rings a bell as well. Let me know if you find it to be a different movie or if it's the same as the one I remember. Now I can finally go rent it and stop thinking about it!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast