+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What movie is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2001436;
    Do you recall any of the specific dialogue? If so, entering it into a search engine might prove ultimately effective, so long as you don't mind wading through all the misses.
    Nah, this was from a bajillion years ago.
    And really, all I can remember is... a man loses his hat, and somehow that causes his decent into madness. And I feel like there was a stairway to "his basement" that really led into some kind of supernatural black abyss or something...
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Re: What movie is this from?

Okay this is going to be very difficult. I went to see the new Pirates movie today and while we were waiting, a trailer came on one of the TV monitors. I could barely hear it and I'm not sure who the actors were but in part of the trailer, they start singing "Hey Jude". Has anyone else seen this trailer that can tell me the name of the movie so I can look it up? The trailer started (I think) with a guy sitting and singing some song but not sure what the song was. He got involved with some blonde woman and that's when the trailer got weird and people in the movie started singing "Hey Jude"
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The new movie coming out in 2007 Across the Universe (film) uses the song Hey Jude in relation to the lead character Jude. It is also narrated in Beatles songs.

Hey Jude - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That may be it. If you saw the trailer, did it have a clip of some guy sliding down a bowling lane?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Just watched the trailer on its site -
    Across The Universe - Official Site

and, yes, guy sliding on a bowling alley.

Okay. A movie from the 80's (I believe). All I remember is it had something to do with a laser tag or paintball game or something. But it sent the competitors all around the city. Not just in one confined place. It was slightly comical as I remember it. I don't rememeber any of the actors in it but if I recall correctly, the title started with an S (I could be wrong about that, though)

There was one called
    Tag: The Assassination Game
    Linda Hamilton, Robert Carradine
    College assassination game turns deadly as someone starts playing for real.

They played this all over the college campus.

That's probably it.
    Thank you.
    ETA: Actually the one I was looking for was Gotcha! I found it when I looked the other one up on IMDB.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 06-03-2007 at 10:28 PM.

ok. This one goes WAY WAY back.
    there was a movie years about a corner apartment with a lady sitting in a chair in the window - supposedly keeping watch so that evil couldn't come through. the story of the movie was that her 'replacement' moved into the apartment building. I can't remember the name and I really want to -

any idea?

never mind. found it.
    Last edited by schmoo2; 10-14-2007 at 07:23 PM.

Well, don't leave us hanging, what was it? I was thinking Burnt Offerings, am I right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast