+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anyone not like Chicago?

anyone not like Chicago?

hi all.
    I feel like I'm the only person who did not like Chicago.
    I dragged my boyfriend to it and maybe had too many expectations.
    My boyfriend has no opinion cuz he slept
    wonderin if anyone else was not happy with this....
    :
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

I thought it was pretty good. I'm genuinely shocked that it got so many Oscar nominations, though. It wasn't that good.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

really??? damn, it should not win if its like that, i hope THE HOURS or LOTR win the best picture.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I dont particularly like Chicago too. Maybe I was not too impress with Catherine Zeta Jones and Renee.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Most of my friends didn't care for Chicago, but I loved it. My boyfriend and I went to see this movie three times in the theater, and we can't wait for the DVD release. I'm wondering if maybe those who don't like Chicago just don't like musicals in general? I think Chicago is truer a musical than Moulin Rouge. Moulin Rouge, in my humble opinion, is more a movie with songs than a musical.

I have to say though.. I'm really biased. I have seen Chicago the musical with Bebe Neuwirth in it years ago and I've been quite smitten with it every since.

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Yup, I agree. I do not like musicals so I dont really fancy Chicago. I wished I could have enjoyed Chicago though.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Emily I LOVE musicals whether at a cinema or a theater.
    I loved Moulin Rouge. One of my favorites.
    I just didn't like Chicago.
    I'm thinking I'll like it when it's on DVD. The night we went to see it I was in a rotten mood and the cinema smelled like dirty feet.
    I saw Signs at the cinema and hated it for the same reasons and saw it on DVD and LOVED it.
    I also didn't like Gangs Of New York (smelly feet again)

I really have a problem with that smell.....

I'll look forward to seeing it on DVD but, still have a feeling I won't like it. I didn't like any of the characters except the husband - not sure if that's why I didn't like it.

I'm weird when it comes to movies.
    So, where's the Cannes Film Festival being held this year?
    ~ Christina Aguilera

LOL at the smelly feet comment, Stevie!! What *is* that smell in movie theaters??

My wife and daughter LOVED it. I thought it was ok. I thought that Rene Zellwinger was completely wrong for the part. She has NO sex appeal. But I have to admit that I'm not that big a fan of her anyways. She's a ok actress but nothing special. Catherine, however, was dynamite. Definitely deserving of Supporting Actress . I've never been a big fan of Richard Gere and this was the wrong person top play the part. They needed someone who could play "slimy"
    The music though. Ahh the music. Now that demands an Oscar. That kicked ass. It did'nt at the time but coming home, replaying it in my mind and burning a cd. Now I'm wearing it out playing it so much.

Renee Zellweger doesn't really rev my motor, either, but I thought she did a good job. I was especially impressed with her marionette performance. And you're right. Richard Gere wasn't slimy enough.

Welcome to the FORT, TM500!
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast