+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best/Worst Situations to Recite a Movie Line

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar

Best/Worst Situations to Recite a Movie Line

So I haven't actually tried these, for fear of embarrassing myself or getting in trouble, but I thought it'd be pretty funny if: (All of these are from 'Pirates of the Caribbean,' by the way, but feel free to quote from any movie )

-When asked to sign anything (form, contract, etc.) you say, "What do you say to 3 shillings and we forget the name?"

-If a boss/professor/teacher asks you to hand in your assignment, you say, "I'm disinclined to acquiese to your request."

-Screaming across the court/field at the ref, "Curse you for breathin', ya slack-jawed idiot!"

-A police car stops you and asks if you're aware that you've just broken the law. You respond with, "Laws are more what you'd call...guidelines instead of actual rules."

-You're about to be arrested and before they slap the cuffs on you, you say, "Parlay!"

-Ladies, to your boyfriend/husband while you're out shopping and about to go try on clothes in the dressing room: "Do us a favor...I know it's difficult for you...but please, stay here and try not to do anything...stupid."

-You're underage and buying a drink in a bar. When you show the bartender your ID, he/she says they cannot serve alcohol to minors; you respond with, "I'm terribly sorry. If I see one, I will inform you immediately."

-Someone asks you about your guy friend that's sitting next to you, say, "No one, he's no one. Distant cousin of my aunt's nephew twice removed. Lovely singing voice. Eunuch."
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

I'm amused. That's all that matters.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

From Ghostbusters:
    - If something goes wrong with an appliance: "Generally, you don't see that kind of behavior in a major appliance."

+ Reply to Thread