+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban's wedding

Nicole Kidman & Keith Urban's wedding

Flying in a forest of roses

June 24, 2006

TAKE all the roses supplied to the entire Sydney area on any given Valentines Day and multiply that by three.

That's how many roses Nicole Kidman will have at her wedding reception tomorrow.

A massive 150,000 pale pink and white roses will decorate the walls of the exclusive Lower Harbour level room at the Royal Motor Yacht Club in Point Piper where she and Keith Urban are set to celebrate their wedding.

The roses, with an estimated wholesale value of more than $100,000, have been imported from Europe.

They arrived on Monday and are being stored in a cool-room in Mascot large enough to fit 10 trucks.

For the past three days a team of more than 20 women, led by a flamboyant American, have been working round-the-clock to decorate the room with the roses.

Transported to the venue by water, as all access to the marina has been blocked off, the florists are then moved via an underground route to the function room.

They have been cutting the stems off the roses and inserting them into green florists foam which covers all four walls of the room.

While many weddings may feature a single feature wall of flowers behind the bridal party costing around $20,000 at the club Kidman has asked for the entire room to be decorated.

"It's the most stunning, staggering thing I have ever seen," a source said.

The roses have been delivered for 18 hours a day in a three-tonne truck.

They should all be in place by today.

Nobody associated with the event is entering through the front door, with staff and deliveries being dropped off by boat or in the underground car park.

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.a...001025,00.html

I am happy to see them finally get married. I wish them all the happiness in the world.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

While many weddings may feature a single feature wall of flowers behind the bridal party – costing around $20,000 at the club – Kidman has asked for the entire room to be decorated.

"It's the most stunning, staggering thing I have ever seen," a source said.
    Staggering? I'd quantify it more as excessive.

Kidman has seemed very classy to me in the past (well, except for the dirt she got on her rep "by association" with Tom "Nutball" Cruise, but she recovered from that well with a graceful exit). But 10 truckloads of roses seems a bit gauche.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I like her a lot and wish the best for them.

It blows me away the $ these people spend on weddings. If I ever had that much $ (in my dreams) I think I'd feel too guilty to spend so much on flowers. I can see them spending crazy amounts on real estate as they don't have much privacy and seem to need to create their own little worlds but, the weddings are just nuts. And most of them don't last anyway.

I saw on ET that she had him sign a prenup and he gets x amount of money for however many years they stay married and there's clauses in there if he starts doing drugs again or drinks excessively, he'll get nothing. I guess she'll be the main money maker for the two. I don't blame her for protecting her assests though and I hope they last. I'm just jaded about celebrity marriages as most of the recent ones don't last very long.

giz
    How long have they been together? Well, I'm pleased for her regardless. It's bad enough having your husband leave you (ahem), but to endure it so publicly must be hell.

Indeed!

And I wish Nicole all the luck in the world as well.....she has fared far better than her "nut-job" ex hubby for sure and sure as heck has a whole lot more "class" on top of that!

Here are two pictures from the wedding on People (with article)

Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban have gotten married, reps for the couple have confirmed to PEOPLE.

The all-candlelight ceremony took place just after sundown Sunday night at Sydney, Australia's Cardinal Cerretti Memorial Chapel on St. Patrick's Estate at Manly.

Guests at the black-tie event included Russell Crowe, Hugh Jackman, Naomi Watts and Rupert Murdoch.

Kidman's wedding party consisted of her sister Antonia, who was her maid of honor, and daughter Isabella, 13, who was her bridesmaid. Antonia's daughter, Lucia, was a flower girl. On the groom's side were Urban's brother Shane, who served as best man, and longtime buddy Marlon Holden, who produced Urban's first solo album in 1991.

Kidman wore a dress by Nicolas Ghesquiere for Balenciaga. Her father, Antony, walked her down the aisle under the dramatic glow of a spotlight. She kept her veil on throughout the ceremony, only lifting it when it came time to say the (very traditional) vows.

The flowers were white freesias, gardenias and carnations arranged by Sydney florist Saskia Havekes.

Kidman got ready at her home in Sydney's Darling Point with Isabella and son Connor, 11, and drove to Manly with her father in a white Rolls Royce. Bella and Antonia rode just ahead of them in a matching white Rolls Royce.

"Nicole cried all the way to the church in the car and then she cried all during the ceremony and had to wipe her eyes under the veil," a guest tells PEOPLE. "It was the most emotional and beautiful ceremony. Nicole looked ethereal with her veil floating, like a vision in white. ... Keith cried when he looked at her.

"It was so intense," the guest says. "When her veil was lifted, he moved right in and he grabbed her and kissed her. It was a long, passionate kiss. (Then) everything went from being quiet and elegant and intense to really loud, like we were suddenly at a soccer game. There was screaming and hollering and such excitement.

"But when Nicole and Keith looked at each other it was like they were the only two people in the room. They are so deeply in love. It was the most incredible wedding."

In lieu of gifts, guests were asked to donate to the Sydney Children's Hospital.

Both Jackman and Crowded House's Neil Finn performed at the reception, which had a "passion" theme and red color scheme – including red carnations hanging from huge chandeliers and red roses on the tables. (Broadway note: this completely negates the story about the $100,000 rose room as the reception wasn't even held at that place... and no pink!)

Later in the evening, the newlyweds released a statement: "We just want to thank everyone in Australia and around the world who have sent us their warm wishes."
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner View Post
    For the past three days a team of more than 20 women, led by a flamboyant American, have been working round-the-clock to decorate the room with the roses.
    Who's the "flamboyant American"? Richard Simmons?

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Nicole Kidman is one lucky chick...... He is fab-u-lous!!!

She looked beautiful in those pictures too! I hope they do well.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast