+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Lake House

The Lake House

Saw this movie today and loved it. Sure it is a little hokey at times but I don't think hokey is always a bad thing. Keanu and Sandra should act together more often.
    Last edited by JLuvs; 06-16-2006 at 09:12 PM.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Oh, JLuvs, I'm so glad to hear that you liked it. I have been waiting for this one and am anxious to get out and see it when I have a moment on Sunday.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I saw it today too! I just saw the original Korean one yesterday too~ I thought they were both great romances^^ well, since they ARE the same movie basically but they did some changes but it was still good~ I liked them both

I can't wait to see this, I'm aching for a good cheesy love story...I'm debating waiting for video so I can curl up on the sofa and watch it with my tissues and pjs.....
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

That'll be me for sure. Tissues Ice cream and Tea (or cocoa)
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

They should act together more oftne...they do have good chemistry together!

Thanks for the reviews. I wanted to see this one since I saw the trailer. I like movies that are "different" and not the same old formula.

Awwww... just got back from seeing this one and I, too, thoroughly enjoyed it. As JLuvs says.. it did get hokey at times, but I think it was an intentional hokey. And I loved the way that the characters all seemed to intertwine between the past and the present. Good touches.

The only thing that I never quite grasped is exactly why Sandra's character was quite as morose and depressed as she was.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I think that some people just are that way....it is part of their personality that they have had their whole lives.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

CCL
    I loved it. A lot of movies I find passable/middling, or good, or bad. But I rarely out-and-out love one (or out-and-out hate one). And I totally loved this one. I didn't find it cheesy; it was sappy, but good sappy.
    I think Sandra's character had to be a bit down/depressed because if she was ladida happy she wouldn't have spent time writing to Keanu's character. Plus I don't know when her dad died but his death seemed to still have a big effect on her. Anyhow, her moroseness wasn't too over-the-top so it was fine by me.
    Grey-Keanu (in the advertisement above) kind of freaks me out a bit.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast