+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Lake House

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Ah.. I didn't even realize she and the BF were in the Lake House at the time, thought it was her apt. Altho it still seemed to me as if she got up purposefully and went into the other room and started hopping around as if looking for a loose board. Wonder if they cut a scene and lost continuity.
    It was in her apartment. I'll repeat my earlier post, and add a bit to be clearer perhaps:

Keanu left Sandra's copy of Persuasion under the floorboard in her apartment (the book that she left at the train station). I don't remember the how being explained as such. But Keanu knew what apartment Sandra lived in (since she told him the apartment address when she told him where to forward any mail she got at the Lake House), and he knew construction workers (from his job). So he must have went in while they were building her apartment (because remember he went by with his brother to drop off a letter and the building was just being built in his time) and stuck the book under the floorboard for her to find in her time.
    Oh, poor, little confused PWS.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post

Oh, poor, little confused PWS.
    Feeling so much better and less confused now!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    It was a book under the floorboard (the book that she left at the train station). I don't remember it being explained as such. I figured that he knew what apartment she lived in (since she told him to forward her mail there), and he knew construction workers (from his job), so he went in while they were making her apartment and stuck the book under the floorboard for her to find.

Just saw the movie and I really enjoyed it... The book under the floorboard confused me, too. It was in her apt. (not the Lake House) and I wasn't sure how the book got there either... that wasn't explained, so I like the earlier theory that he had the construction guys put it there, knowing which one her apt. would be (since she had given him her address when they first started corresponding). There were a lot of things about the movie that were improbable, but that didn't prevent me from enjoying it.

I saw it at a matinee (a bunch of us took a long lunch -- shhh, don't tell!) and the problem with those is that it was full of elderly folks who were "whispering" to each other, only they were more like stage whispers so I could hear everything they were saying throughout the movie. And then there was the guy whose cell phone kept beeping to tell him he had a message (or maybe it was his pacemaker?!).

hahaha. I just saw it during the day as well.
    It was me alone in the back and 3 women in their late 50s probably
    sitting 2 rows ahead of me. I brought a pocket full of tissues and was shocked that I actually didnt go through them all. I did use one a little bit.. maybe because I knew what was going to happen. I still enjoyed it.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I saw it this past weekend and liked it better than I thought I would. There are some plot holes, but both Keanu and Sandra are likeable enough to make you suspend disbelief.
    If you go through a lot of hammers each month, I don't think it necessarily means you're a hard worker.
    It may just mean that you have a lot to learn about proper hammer maintenance.

I LOVE this movie! My fav movie of the moment. I can't wait until it comes out on dvd!

~Hannah~

I saw the movie and I didn't really like it. I still like Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, though. They're good actors. The Lake House to me was just average not great.

This movie's plot is very interesting I love the whole different time different place idea,very romantic. I can't wait until it get's released on video, I really wanna see it.

they do great with each other...speed, lake house...another tom and meg?..hm..yea no..they need big hits to be compared.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123