7.Man on Fire

8.Nine Lives

9. Hide and Seek

10 .War of the Worlds

11. Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch

12. Dreamer

13. Father Xmas

14. Tomcats

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    I would probably go with War of the Worlds. My son would go with Cat in the Hat. There's several there I haven't seen tho....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I have to admit I haven't seen many of her films. But I do believe she is an amazing actess. Particulary for her age. And she's absolutely adorable in person ...well, in talk shows that I've seen her on. One to watch for sure!

Just for you, here's a freaky foto of Dakota done in photoshop in a style called manga. It reflects people or characters with large eyes, childlike features and colored hair.

Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I've seen her in Man on Fire, War of the Worlds, and Hide and Seek and thought she did a terrific job in each movie. She's a great actress, but I have to say that she freaks me out whenever I catch her on a talk show. So precocious and professional! It's eerie to see how she mimics all the adult celebrities in her speech and mannerisms. Child actors are a scary bunch, aren't they? Let's hope she won't suffer from Haley Joel Osment syndrome and disappear from the limelight when she's not as small and cute anymore. I'm curious to see what she'll be like all grown up.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

So far, my favorite role for her was in I Am sam. Her night time treks were endearing.

I liked her in Man on Fire and Hide and Seek as well, just not as much.

While I'm curious whether she'll ultimately flame out, the talk about her being a better actress now than most adults doesn't strike me as being misplaced.

Dakota's done some pretty serious roles for her age. I hope she morphs into an amazing adult actress, as she would be beautiful. And Leftcoaster, she is better than most adults, as she has outshined most of her A-List co-stars in my mind. Robert DeNiro, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, the list goes on. She's very talented.

I like her and hope she can make the transition into adult films when she gets older. Many popular child actors haven't been able to do that. Sometimes they need to be out of the limelight during their gangly years. Remember MacCauley Culkin? He grew out of his cuteness and nobody would hire him. That has to be hard on some of these kids. Jodie Foster took time off to attend college and came back as a very accomplished adult actress. Dakota reminds me of her in that they were both very good child actresses.

There is such a thing as oversaturation though. It seems like one or two summers in a row she was THE go-to girl for most films with a child actress. Even adult actors do the same - I know they need to work and all but did I really want to see a year of movies with Tommy Lee Jones in practically every one? And I remember when Madeline Stowe was the "it" actress and was in practically every movie. I guess the same can be said for quite a few of them.

But seriously, I think she is well-grounded for her age and her family seems to be doing a pretty good job of it. She has chores just like other kids. I wish her continued success.

I loved I Am Sam. Sooo good and so sad...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

what pictute of her, thats bit to scary
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Stars View Post
    Dakota's done some pretty serious roles for her age. I hope she morphs into an amazing adult actress, as she would be beautiful. And Leftcoaster, she is better than most adults, as she has outshined most of her A-List co-stars in my mind. Robert DeNiro, Tom Cruise, Denzel Washington, the list goes on. She's very talented.
    I misread what you had said at first, believing you had indicated a belief that she'd eclipsed the actors you mentioned, not restricted to the films that they shared with her, but altogether. That I couldn't agree with without at first doing a refamiliarizing walk down memory lane of the roles they've done. Excepting Tom Cruise. Dakota Fanning has already shown herself to be a better, more accomplished actor than Cruise is, was, and likely ever will be, in my opinion, even if she never worked another film in her life than what she's already done.

It isn't just the movies where she is so impressive, her real life appearances are just as impressive. Her expressive ability is admirable for a person of any age, unlike the herky-jerky delivery from Cruise, who comes across like a kid that might actually benefit from the Ritalin that I believe is too freely prescribed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast