+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dakota Fanning

Kao
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    I've seen her in Man on Fire, War of the Worlds, and Hide and Seek and thought she did a terrific job in each movie. She's a great actress, but I have to say that she freaks me out whenever I catch her on a talk show. So precocious and professional! It's eerie to see how she mimics all the adult celebrities in her speech and mannerisms. Child actors are a scary bunch, aren't they? Let's hope she won't suffer from Haley Joel Osment syndrome and disappear from the limelight when she's not as small and cute anymore. I'm curious to see what she'll be like all grown up.

Haley Joel preferred to disappear because he wanted to experience his HS years properly and not on a movie set. He's still busy (did the VA for Sora in Kingdom Hearts I and II) and will probably come back after college like Jodie Foster and Drew Barrymore.

I want to like Dakota, I really do, but there's something seriously creepy about that little girl. I enjoyed her in Spirited Away though.

I love Dakota Fanning. She looks and acts much like a friend's daughter, it's uncanny.

My favorite movie of hers is probably Man on Fire. And yes, in her public appearances like interviews and such, she is preternaturally articulate.

As ArchieComicFan mentioned, I'm really hoping her career will age gracefully, as Jodie Foster's did. I'd like to see her mature into a wonderful actress, I think she could be phenomenal.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12