+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cars

Cars

I know this has received mixed reviews. We saw it today and loved it! My kids sat mesmerized for most of it (2 hours was a bit long), even my 19 month old who kept yelling "Vroom, vroom" at the screen. I enjoyed the soundtrack and found myself singing along.

The story is basically about a cocky rookie race car (voice by Owen Wilson) who is en route to the Piston Cup Championship in California when an unfortunate chain of events lands him in the sleepy Route 66 town of Radiator Springs. To make matters worse, Lightning McQueen has quickly succeeded in raising the ire of the local judge, Doc Hudson (voice by Paul Newman), who won't allow him to leave until he makes amends for tearing up the town's main street. But before the repairs are done, he finds himself drawn to Radiator Springs' once-thriving past and its colorful citizens, particularly Sally Carrera (voice by Bonnie Hunt), a sporty Porsche and the sweet-natured Mater (voice by Larry the Cable Guy), a country hick bucktoothed tow truck. *Mater was our favorite and kept us laughing*
    By the time Lightning gets back on track, he finds his priorities have changed.

If you see this, make sure you stay until the end of the credits for a hilarious tribute to John Ratzenberger (who is the voice of Lightning's transport truck as well as many other Pixar characters from Toy Story, Monsters, Inc, and A Bug's Life) and also a touching tribute to Pixar animator Ranft, who recently passed away.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar
    I was hoping someone would post about this Movie! I really want to see it, and so does my Daughter (she's 19). It sounds like you really enjoyed it.

I always stay until the end of the Movie (all the credits) but thanks for the info about what's there.

Thanks...I'm thinking of taking my nephew and my godson to see this movie Monday.

We just saw it and it was GREAT! I'm definately buying this when it comes out on DVD! I loved Tow-Mater!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by blueyz28 View Post
    We just saw it and it was GREAT! I'm definately buying this when it comes out on DVD! I loved Tow-Mater!
    Tow Mater got good reviews as well. Can you explain the name? A play on Terminator? A tow mother? The other names seemed to have meaning, don't get this one...but then I haven't seen it yet.

This movie was great! My daughter is four and my nephew is two. They both loved it. My siblings, mother, and I all loved it as welll. It was the best kids movie I've seen in a long time and I thought Over the Hedge was pretty good.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Tow Mater got good reviews as well. Can you explain the name? A play on Terminator? A tow mother? The other names seemed to have meaning, don't get this one...but then I haven't seen it yet.
    I'm guessing Tow because he's a tow truck and mater because it sounds like the REAL southern way of saying tomato (at least in some of my family from Texas!).

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    My kids and I saw this last night and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

It was a very touching message that we can all get by with a little help from our friends. You get what you give.

I think my kids laughed the most at the tractor tipping.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

The tipping tractors was hysterical. I also absolutely adored the little bugs!

I wasn't overly thrilled with the storyline as it was unoriginal... just Doc Hollywood redux. But I thought the ending was special and hopefully the kids picked up on that message.

The graphics, however, were simply stunning. I love what Pixar was able to achieve with the crowd scenes, and the landscapes, the metallic finish on Lightning's car... everything right down to the crunching of the tires.

And the bugs. Loved those darned little things!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

i saw this movie yesturday ....is not bad at all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast