+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Crap! There was more after the credits! I ALWAYS stay through the credits... wth did I leave early this one time.
    OK, for those who don't want to pay to see the whole movie again, I'll spoiler what you see after the credits... or at least how I interpreted it. Don't read if you haven't seen the film yet, as it will spoil the effect of some other parts of the film. :nono
    Click to see Spoiler:
    You see a hospital type bed with what appears to be Xavier lying in it. A woman in a medical type outfit comes in and the man says, Hi Moira (or some such name), as if he recognizes her, so brain function there. It may have been the woman he was showing on TV in the ethics class with the school kids that got interrupted... the one about doing brain/personality transplants, but I'm not sure about that. So you are left to wonder, was his body reassembled? Is this a clone? Or what? But at least you can be sure Xavier will be back.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks, Bearcata-- I missed the gloves somehow.

karen14--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought it was Xavier's body...and thanks, now I know where the "nurse" came from---she was in that ethics class session, right? I took the lesson to be just a hypothetical, no real dying father of 4 vs. a brain dead body, but maybe it was to introduce the idea of being able to do that. On the other hand, this was Xavier's body, and hopefully his mind as well, so.... hmmm well, not too clear to me yet.
    Actually that nurse was Dr. Moira McTagget (sp??) who has a research facility on Muir Island and did work on mutants.

Click to see Spoiler:
    it was not Xavier's body but a body with no mind that they had on life support, that after Xavier was disintergrated by Dark Phonix he was able to implant, if that's the correct word, his mind and essence in to.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    have 2 immediate issues with X3. One being Juggernaut.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He supposedly only gets his super crashing powers once he builds up momentum. Such is why he cannot break the meager chains that were binding him. So when Kitty sank him into the floor, he shoulda been stuck for good! And not able to bust out and break his noggin... However, the change did allow for the hands down best scene of the movie: when he said "Im the Juggernaut B!tch!" Mr Nerd and I almost died of laughter. Also, I wish they had touched on the fact that Juggernaut is Xavier's step brother. My other problem was with Stacy X. Stacy X had the mutant ability to exude pheromones, which she could control to stimulate bodily functions... Not to clap her hands together and make plastic guns blow up.
    Now, I had a big ol crush on Stacy X actress Omahyra Mota and I was pretty bummed when she was used as muscle and not for her manipulation skills. Dropped the ball on that one guys! Other than that I am a little annoyedly confused as to why they chose to leave Jubilee and Gambit out of the store entirely and have Rogue hook up with Bobby in the first place.

*edit I just rechecked IMDB and Apparently Omahra Moto is now listed as playing Arclight. However they seem to have kept the look of Stacy X and just changed her powers later on after the origional cast list was released stating the she was to be Stacy X... I guess that clears up the inconsistencies? way to go guys.
    Technically Juggernaut is not a mutant. He found the helmet in the Himalayas in a Buddist temple or one version in southeast asia and he put it on and gained the power of the Juggernaut.

Also as far as Arclight and Stacy X go. The new director of X-men decided not to use that many mutants so he combined 2 or sometimes 3 powers from 3 different mutants into one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Technically Juggernaut is not a mutant. He found the helmet in the Himalayas in a Buddist temple or one version in southeast asia and he put it on and gained the power of the Juggernaut.

Also as far as Arclight and Stacy X go. The new director of X-men decided not to use that many mutants so he combined 2 or sometimes 3 powers from 3 different mutants into one character.
    Right. I knew that technically Jug was not a mutant, I was actually just kinda ranting about this today... still tho, he should have been stuck in that floor no? I mean, if I remember correctly, they even pointed out that without momentum he is basically powerless, and that is why they were able to hold him in the truck earlyer. And thanks for the clairification about StacyArclightX
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Actually that nurse was Dr. Moira McTagget (sp??) who has a research facility on Muir Island and did work on mutants.

Click to see Spoiler:
    it was not Xavier's body but a body with no mind that they had on life support, that after Xavier was disintergrated by Dark Phonix he was able to implant, if that's the correct word, his mind and essence in to.
    Thanks for clarifying re Moira.
    But
    Click to see Spoiler:
    was it just my imagination that the body looked like Xavier? Sounded like Xavier? If it was someone else's body why did I think it was him?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Thanks for clarifying re Moira.
    But
    Click to see Spoiler:
    was it just my imagination that the body looked like Xavier? Sounded like Xavier? If it was someone else's body why did I think it was him?
    In the beginning of the movie Xavier was teaching a class on ethics and he had tv set with a video on it showing a body that was fully functional but with no brain activity that was on life support in Dr. Moira McTagget's Muir Island facility. Remember, he was posing an ethical question to the kids about whether or not to keep the body on life support although there was no brain activity??
    Click to see Spoiler:
    After he was disintergrated by Dark Phoenix he tried to save his consciousness by implanting it in a body he knew existed but was empty, therefore when he gained consciousness he called Moira's name and we heard his (Xavier's voice), this is a movie convention so that we the audience would know it was Xavier. If this happened in real life it is unlikely that the Professor would talk with the voice we are familiar with but with the vocal cords that belong to the new body. Also, if Charles was able to retain his powers he could also be speaking in Moira's head and at that point he would sound like himself. Again we could be hearing his physic voice ala movie magic and it was made audible so we would recognize it.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 06-05-2006 at 11:05 PM.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, Bearcata--I guess that shows the power of a recognizable voice-- I could have sworn I saw the matching face!

FORT Newbie
    I liked this movie even though I was 3 ft. away from the screen. I wasn't late but I wasn't early enough. I thought that they could of played up the Pheonix story a little more and made it longer.

CCL
    In X-men 3 Rogue left to get the cure but in the scene were she returned to the school and held hands with Bobbie she have gloves on, indicating that she did not take the cure.
    ]
    I remember her as having bare hands. And when Bobby said "This is not what I wanted" she responded by saying it was what she wanted. So I would think she took the cure.
    I thought the movie was pretty good but would have liked to have seen more of Rogue, as she's always been one of my favourites. She was hardly in the movie at all.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I remember her as having bare hands. And when Bobby said "This is not what I wanted" she responded by saying it was what she wanted. So I would think she took the cure.
    I thought the movie was pretty good but would have liked to have seen more of Rogue, as she's always been one of my favourites. She was hardly in the movie at all.
    OK, I didn't notice the gloves either, and interpreted it the same way you did, then wondered what she was doing at the mutant school if she wasn't one (not that Xavier and his team would be as mean about "expelling" people as his rival, but still).
    So can we have a vote please? Or if you haven't seen it yet can you pay really close attention at the end? Gloves, or no gloves? I'm pretty sure she didn't have those long white gloves that she sometimes wears on, but she could have had more skin colored ones.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast