+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3

JR.
    I haven't seen it yet Ginger, but it made a ton of money on it's opening weekend. That practically guarantees at least another one.

Quote Originally Posted by JR. View Post
    I haven't seen it yet Ginger, but it made a ton of money on it's opening weekend. That practically guarantees at least another one.

I TOTALLY agree....run that money machine until it burns out!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I have to that some of the scenes, for the lack of a better word, gay. The scenes with the angel spreading it's wings and storm making her eyes white, i heard some snickering in the theatre and they weren't just courtesy of me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

PWS
    FORT Fogey

X-Men 3

Kind of surprised there's no thread for this (version 3). Just saw it and wanted to warn everyone, do NOT leave when the credits come on! There's a whole other scene after all the credits. I was kind of slow getting my stuff ready to leave the theater when I realized that there were about 30 people not even moving....and they all appeared to be ..um, how to say this tactfully... the kind of people who might be really into X-Men... so I figured they knew something and they did.
    And now that I've seen it, can someone remind me, what is Rogue's power that she can't touch her boyfriend without hurting him? I saw #1 so long ago I've forgotten, and I've never read the comics, and even tho I just resaw #2 on TV it wasn't explained again. Thanks!
    And now to my current questions which I will spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Am I right that Rogue took the cure? If so how could she come back to the school, which is only for mutants, no? She took her boyfriend's hand so I'm assuming she had the cure.
    Also, at the very end, when you see Magneto playing chess...are those metal chess pieces and did one move just a tiny bit without is touching it? If so do we assume that the cure wears off?
    Interested in your opinions... thanks!

ETA OK I swear there was nothing here on X-Men when I typed this!!! Mods please move this to the X-Men thread. How does that happpen? Maybe someone else was working on the X-Men thread at the same time I was looking for it? Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Kind of surprised there's no thread for this (version 3). Just saw it and wanted to warn everyone, do NOT leave when the credits come on! There's a whole other scene after all the credits. I was kind of slow getting my stuff ready to leave the theater when I realized that there were about 30 people not even moving....and they all appeared to be ..um, how to say this tactfully... the kind of people who might be really into X-Men... so I figured they knew something and they did.
    And now that I've seen it, can someone remind me, what is Rogue's power that she can't touch her boyfriend without hurting him? I saw #1 so long ago I've forgotten, and I've never read the comics, and even tho I just resaw #2 on TV it wasn't explained again. Thanks!
    And now to my current questions which I will spoiler for those who haven't seen it yet...
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Am I right that Rogue took the cure? If so how could she come back to the school, which is only for mutants, no? She took her boyfriend's hand so I'm assuming she had the cure.
    Also, at the very end, when you see Magneto playing chess...are those metal chess pieces and did one move just a tiny bit without is touching it? If so do we assume that the cure wears off?
    Interested in your opinions... thanks!

ETA OK I swear there was nothing here on X-Men when I typed this!!! Mods please move this to the X-Men thread. How does that happpen? Maybe someone else was working on the X-Men thread at the same time I was looking for it? Weird!
    Rogue absorbs a persons memories and abilities and in the case of mutants their powers. The person effected looses their memories and their powers and abitlities. If Rogue holds on for too long a time the powers and memories can become permanent. In the comic books Rogue battled Ms. Marvel aka Carol Danvers and stole her powers and memories. Carol Danvers of course hates her for that. Also Rogue had a lot of problems because she can lose herself in the memories and not know who she is.

In X-men 3 Rogue left to get the cure but in the scene were she returned to the school and held hands with Bobbie she have gloves on, indicating that she did not take the cure.

Also, I saw some of my old neighbors leaving the earlier shows and they are the ones that told me to stay for after the credits.

BTW
    Click to see Spoiler:
    X-men were dying and coming back to life long before the 'Search for Spock'
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

have 2 immediate issues with X3. One being Juggernaut.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    He supposedly only gets his super crashing powers once he builds up momentum. Such is why he cannot break the meager chains that were binding him. So when Kitty sank him into the floor, he shoulda been stuck for good! And not able to bust out and break his noggin... However, the change did allow for the hands down best scene of the movie: when he said "Im the Juggernaut B!tch!" Mr Nerd and I almost died of laughter. Also, I wish they had touched on the fact that Juggernaut is Xavier's step brother. My other problem was with Stacy X. Stacy X had the mutant ability to exude pheromones, which she could control to stimulate bodily functions... Not to clap her hands together and make plastic guns blow up.
    Now, I had a big ol crush on Stacy X actress Omahyra Mota and I was pretty bummed when she was used as muscle and not for her manipulation skills. Dropped the ball on that one guys! Other than that I am a little annoyedly confused as to why they chose to leave Jubilee and Gambit out of the store entirely and have Rogue hook up with Bobby in the first place.

*edit I just rechecked IMDB and Apparently Omahra Moto is now listed as playing Arclight. However they seem to have kept the look of Stacy X and just changed her powers later on after the origional cast list was released stating the she was to be Stacy X... I guess that clears up the inconsistencies? way to go guys.
    Last edited by ClosetNerd; 06-04-2006 at 09:42 PM.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

OK I'm confused. Just saw the movie today. The scene where Xavier was showing the man in the hospital to his students, was that man significant? Was he actually a father of four in a coma from cancer or something? Was Xavier saying that Mutants could save his body but not his soul, and would that be the morally correct thing to do?
    Click to see Spoiler:
    and then the last scene after the credits, that looked like the face and body of Xavier/Patrick Stewart to me? Or was I just imaging it was him when it was actually the body of the sick guy?

Do my questions even make sense? Anyway, thanks in advance if anyone wants to help.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, Bearcata-- I missed the gloves somehow.

karen14--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I thought it was Xavier's body...and thanks, now I know where the "nurse" came from---she was in that ethics class session, right? I took the lesson to be just a hypothetical, no real dying father of 4 vs. a brain dead body, but maybe it was to introduce the idea of being able to do that. On the other hand, this was Xavier's body, and hopefully his mind as well, so.... hmmm well, not too clear to me yet.

Crap! There was more after the credits! I ALWAYS stay through the credits... wth did I leave early this one time.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    For some reason, i always try to say throughout the credits, but this time the usher prompted those of us walking out to stay for the extra scene.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast