+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Men 3

FORT Fanatic

FORT Fanatic
    I cannot wait for this to come out. There are so many new characters from the comics. I get my updates at xmenfilms.net

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Thank's so much for the advice. They are now on my rental queue and I'm looking forward to seeing them.
    Definately rent the first two movies before seeing the new one. You WON'T be disappointed. Excellent plot, action, etc..

I'm very excited to hear that there's a 3rd coming out. But waiting til May is going to be annoying.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Definately rent the first two movies before seeing the new one. You WON'T be disappointed. Excellent plot, action, etc..

I'm very excited to hear that there's a 3rd coming out. But waiting til May is going to be annoying.
    The first movie is kinda of slow and boring, but as a fan I suppose the director and producers need to introduce the concepts to a wide audience that has never heard of mutants before, unfortunately, for us fans it is stuff we already know and we want more.

The 2nd movie is much better than the first and actually is more in the flavor of what the first movie should have been. The third looks good also. I would rather the producers take their time and produce a good show then get into the James Bond or Star Trek rut where only every other movie was any good.

Fort Member
    At last, from the previews it appears that Henry McCoy (Beast) finally shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I have never seen any of the X-Men films, but based on the trailer I just watched, I may have made a mistake. I'm asking for your opinions.

I never watched them because the titles made me think they were just mindless action films with little or no dramatic appeal. I do love well done action films with some substance. For example, I like The Matrix, but thought the two sequels were dreadful.
    They're a well-meant attempt to weave action and some character development together, but they're still pretty trendy and not quite as deep as the old Claremont X-Men comics (I'm talking late 70's through the mid/late 80's).

They beat the pants off the real clunker hero movies like The Hulk and FF and Daredevil. Movies like Batman Beyond or Unbreakable or Spiderman II had much more character depth.

For a non-reader or recent/casual reader, they're probably pretty enjoyable and the action is fun. Really depends on your taste. They're a good introduction to X-Men if you haven't read the books.

Personally, I find the possibility of X-Men movies interesting, but I've only watched each of them once before being bored, and the trailer for X3 said NOTHING about the movie or gave me anything interesting to go on (except for the nefarious insinuation of Jean Grey coming back as Phoenix... but that was a given from the end of X2). I'm not inclined to see it.

Sniff. I miss Colossus.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Alrighty everyone who's a fan of X Men (me )!!!

TODAY IS THE RELEASE DATE!!!

I can't wait to see it.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Chakos::Linkletter::Epley breezez_air's Avatar
    I saw it. It's lost of twists and turns that you really wouldn't expect to happen. Fans of the comic won't like it.

*mild spoiler*

It's almost like the comic has been thrown out the window and they thought up anything to suprise us.
    I don't wanna get fat like you
    Don't even believe in the F Word...FAT
    ...Perhaps you meant PEE AYTCH AY TEE
    Yeah...I did
    - Stacy Ann and Whitney- ANTM 10

There was a junior novelization at Borders, which I picked up two weeks ago. It was basically the entire movie, so I spoiled myself. I wasn't thinking and Argh!

I was really disappointed with the writing. The characters we've come to know and love (or hate) were taken in ridiculous directions. And the "new" characters were not fully developed. Visually this movie was pretty cool but the storyline sucked in a major way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast