+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Carribean 2

My wife and I took the kids to see it this past weekend and for me it was no where near as good as the first one, the story was just all over the place and didn't flow at all. Some of this is the result that it was going to be a cliffhanger being the middle movie in a trilogy but the story was just too disjointed and choppy for me. Hopefully the series ends on a high note with the 3rd edition but I was kind of disappointed overall in this one.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    We went to the drive-in Saturday night with the grandkids and except for the fact that Hayley threw-up all over my feet, I enjoyed the movie. I look at it like Star Wars 2 and 5, the connection between the first and last movies with maybe too much ground to cover. I guess in the long run the next movie will tell the tale.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    What clip at the end? Dang it. I left.
    They showed what happend to the dog It was quite amusing.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Saw it last night and I have to admit, I loved it. Yes, it was long. Yes, the storyline was a little bit disjointed, and Yes, it left in a cliffhanger in order to set up the 3rd movie, but that didn't bother me at all. What I loved was how much fun it was, how awesome the special effects were, and how absolutely mesmerizing Johnny Depp is as Jack Sparrow. Poor Mr. Sweetpea, I think he finally realized the depth of my Johnny Depp crush. He is brilliant.

For a fun, entertaining, and enjoyable movie, I highly recommend POTC2. I certainly left feeling as if I got my money's worth. I'm just sad I have to wait a year to see the final movie. When all three are released as a boxed DVD set, you can be your ass I'll be buying it!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I loved the first movie, but found myself a bit anxious to get out of chair for this one. It was long! Even though overall, I thought it was "good", I didn't like
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the cheesy inclusion of "sea creatures" and a beating heart into the story line
    . It dampered the movie for me.

Johnny Depp really makes this movie though.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

i really want too see this movie

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
    Saw it last night and I have to admit, I loved it. Yes, it was long. Yes, the storyline was a little bit disjointed, and Yes, it left in a cliffhanger in order to set up the 3rd movie, but that didn't bother me at all. What I loved was how much fun it was, how awesome the special effects were, and how absolutely mesmerizing Johnny Depp is as Jack Sparrow. Poor Mr. Sweetpea, I think he finally realized the depth of my Johnny Depp crush. He is brilliant.

For a fun, entertaining, and enjoyable movie, I highly recommend POTC2. I certainly left feeling as if I got my money's worth. I'm just sad I have to wait a year to see the final movie. When all three are released as a boxed DVD set, you can be your ass I'll be buying it!
    Sweetpea, I'm going to fight you over this one! He's MINE. MINE I tell you!

We saw it opening day and I walked around all weekend talking pirate talk. My family had to ask me to stop. Savvy?

I did like this movie just as much if not more than the first one. Depp is just a great entertainer in these films and I thought the special effects and sea creatures were great. Nothing like a great fantasy movie. I think these and Harry Potter movies are great fantasy escape movies. Kind of like what you used to wish to be when you were a kid.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

You guys can take Johnny, just leave Orlando for me!

I loved the movie... now I wish I'd stayed for the remainder of the credits, but my friend & I were ready to go. I didn't notice how long it was, so that has to say something about it. I'm definitely looking forward to the third one - especially with Keith in it!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

What happened to the dog at the end? I left before the credit ended

I really loved the first movie, but the second was just disappointing. It was good here and there, it was really funny, but all the special effects and choppy storyline really ruined it. I don't think they did the greatest job putting the storyline together. I think it was overall not a waste of time to watch exactly... but the first one definately beats it. I hope the third one is good...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast