+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Carribean 2

I'm still bummed about the fact that Keith Richards chose not to be a part of this movie. He was supposed to play Jack Sparrow's dad, which would have been amazing since Johnny Depp so obviously modelled Jack Sparrow after Keef. I'll still go see it, but I'll hold a grudge. Until Jack Davenport shows up, that is.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

i cannot wait to watch this movie

I'm looking forward to it, too. I loved Johnny Depp in the first one.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

I can't wait for Pirates to come out in theatres. I LOVED the first one, and I think the second one will be a milion times better. It's just like harry potter, the first one was good, but the next ones are even better!

myrosiedog: You may LOVE Johnny Depp, but Johnny Depp Luvs ME! Well, in my dreams he does! I'll fight you for him...with swords!

Ok, so Pirates I was on the other night and I taped it so I have to see it before Friday because I want to go and see Pirates II with my sweetie!

E.T.A. Awwww. I just saw it doesn't start until July 7th. I'll be back by then Poop. What else can we see that a fun date movie? Any suggestions?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I saw the first one with Mr. Rattus, and Mr. Rattus has no recollection of seeing it whatsoever. We argued up and down the other night until he finally caved. I only remember Johnny Depp because, well, because he's Johnny Depp. The movie otherwise made no impact on me at all. Nor did Orlando Bloom (I still don't recognize him unless his name is in the caption). So I guess I won't be seeing #2 until it shows up on free tv.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

i really can't wait to see pirates of the caribbean 2 ...=))) and the third one..omgg..johnny depp is such an amazing actor..along with his pretty boy co-star Orlando Bloom..this is going to be an amazing movieee.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    So did anyone go and see this yesterday? I won't give away any details here, but it was absolutely AWESOME!! Jerry Bruckheimer, we salute you ...er, well, applaud Haha
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

We went this afternoon. I was extremely disappointed and I had thoroughly enjoyed the first one. There were parts I liked, but not the movie as a whole.

It was very dark, and seemed to me to be a series of disconnected misadventures. Nothing was resolved at all. When it was over the first words out of my mouth were, "That wasn't a movie. It was a set up for #3."

As a story, it can't stand by itself.

My two teenage kids really liked it though. Mr. veejer felt the same as me.

Black Belt Beauty KarateGirl1387's Avatar
    Yeah, I agree it was dark. There were some parts that made me jump a little bit in my seat (all while thinking how the two mothers in the very first row had the audacity to bring their crying infants with them to this film :nono) and Hans Zimmer composed the score this time around instead of Klaus Badelt, so I thought that added a lot to the darkness of it, too. As for it being a set up for the 3rd film, Disney had originally planned to release just one 'Pirates' film, but then shortly after decided on making it a trilogy. So I guess I kinda saw it like the second 'Lord of the Rings' movie where it really left you hanging and we had to wait for the 3rd one to come out.
    "Dancing is the vertical expression of a horizontal desire."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast