+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What can u say about AMELIE!!!!

What can u say about AMELIE!!!!

Have u catch it guys????

It was a nice film, I watched it a while ago. I don't remember if I watched it in French subtitled with English or English dub.

A good little film, and I'm glad it managed to avoid most of the pitfalls of French cinema that don't translate well to American audiences: overuse of surreal elements, pratfall comedy, broad humor involving a cuckolded husband.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

FORT Fanatic
    I agree; I thought it was very good. I watched it in French, I hate dubbing.

FORT Newbie
    This is a great film. Highly recommended. Definitely worth buying, IMO.

One of my new favorites.
    "In twenty years you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So, throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore! Dream! Discover!"...Mark Twain

I've got this movie, but I've never got round to watching it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I love it. I've been getting most of my av's from Amelie lately. It's an incredible feel-good movie. I didn't realize it might be available with english overdub. My copy doesn't have it, but if it did, I might have been able to convince my boyfriend to watch it with me by now.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Eugh! Dubbing? I hate that. I prefer subtitles so I can actually hear the original language. Sometimes, it's very lyrical. Other times (if it's French, for example), I can pick out words and phrases.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

I'm with you Paulie. I like to hear the original language.

I forgot to mention that Mathieu Kassovitz was a total cutie in Amelie. I liked him in Birthday Girl too.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

I really enjoyed watching Life Is Beautiful with the subtitles, for example. I know Italian and French are both Romance languages (rrooowwrr! ), but I didn't realize how similar they both were until I listened to that movie.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

So what's better??? AMELIE or LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast