+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dallas the movie-worst casting ever

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Well, Sue Ellen's character should probably have been in her late 30's/early 40's (didn't she have a baby son in the show at some point?) so Angelina is really too young as well. I think they need more of a Desparate Housewife-type, like a Teri Hatcher - a starved, plastic-surgery addicted, over-indulged Texas homemaker. Oooh...Sharon Stone would be good - she's kind of evil, like Sue Ellen was. And speaking of the Housewives, Eva Longoria would make a good Pam. Hmmm...the men are harder to cast than the women, it seems.

I like the idea of either Teri Hatcher or Sharon Stone...Sharon Stone was one best I hadn't heard mentioned before.

I was also thinking Eva Longoria for Pam.

And ughhhh anyone but Jessica Simpson. Put a newcomer in the role or something.

This movie has all the necessary ingredients to make me break out in hives. John Travolta, check. Jessica Simpson, check. JLO, check. Big 80s hair and huuuge cowboy hats, check. Chees-o-matic soap opera, check.

It sounds like they are trying to take it seriously too which is just laughable. The old series was good because it sucked so excellently. I won't be wasting my time on this one.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Honestly, I'm not nearly as distressed about John Travolta as J.R. as I am about the rest of the cast. Most everything that's being said about him could have been said about Larry Hagman before the TV show aired. Most people knew him only as 1) Major Anthony Nelson in I Dream of Jeannie and 2) Mary Martin's son.

As for Jennifer Lopez, arrghhh! Jessica Simpson, arrgghhh squared.

Some of my casting choices, which may well be different from yours:

Miss Ellie: Mary Kay Place or Stockard Channing
    Jock Ewing: Robert Duvall or Tommie Lee Jones
    Sue Ellen: Catherine Zeta Jones or Marcia Gay Harden
    Bobby Ewing: Nathan Fillion
    Pam Ewing: Morena Baccarin
    Lucy Ewing: Blake Lively or Evan Rachel Wood
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12