+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

Your most recent DVD purchases

Since there's one for movies you've rented recently I thought I'd make one to see what kinds of movies/TV shows/concert videos people have added to their DVD collection.
    While I have made several additions to my collection over the past 2 years, my most recent is I just picked up Narnia on DVD on Friday. I also last weekend picked up all 3 Aladdin movies and actually watched them all back to back last week. I am currently waiting for all 3 Urban Legand and both "I Know What You Did Last Summer" movies. (I got them as a collection so they will be arriving together).
    As far as TV Shows, the ones I have right now (which will be added to soon) is LOST Season 1, Friends Season 1, 21 Jump Street Season 1, Silk Stalkings Seasons 1, 2, & 3 and That 70's Show Seasons 1 & 2. I can't wait to add to that collection.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Narnia as well
    Seasons 1 and 2 of Arrested Development and Scrubs.

I forgot how wonderful Narnia was until my husband and I watched it the other day.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    I forgot how wonderful Narnia was until my husband and I watched it the other day.

Agreed, my kids are young (5 and 6) the Lord of the Rings trilogy would be waaayyyyyy scary for them, but this movie has plot, action and not a lot of blood/bad stuff. They did a really good job making it a family movie

I bought Repo Man for Mr. Rattus' birthday and Don's Party for myself. I'm going to be going online shortly to buy Lovely & Amazing and Walking & Talking, both directed by Nicole Holefcener and starring Catherine Keener, as well as True Love, the most depressing depiction of upcoming nuptials ever filmed and a guaranteed conversation/argument starter with your loved one.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I've never heard of any of those films except Rep Man

I will probably be going overboard in this thread. Movies are my weakness. My major $$ vice is buying new DVD's.
    Just purchased: Narnia.
    Just received (finally) from Amazon: Quantum Leap Season 4, Justic League Season 1, Gidget The Complete Series, Degrassi the Next Generation Season 3.
    Still Waiting for: The Thief Lord.

My most recent DVDs

Fallen Angel
    Where the Sidewalk Ends
    The Dark Corner
    House on Telegraph Hill
    Out of the Past

I LOVE Film noir

Wait. Where The Sidewalk Ends? As in the Shelly Lewis (or whatever the name is) book? They made a movie from it???

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl View Post
    Wait. Where The Sidewalk Ends? As in the Shelly Lewis (or whatever the name is) book? They made a movie from it???
    I think you mean Shel Silverstein, nilesgirl. He wrote the book Where the Sidewalk Ends. The movie Where the Sidewalk Ends (unless there's one of the Silverstein book that I don't know about) is a 50s noir film directed by Otto Preminger.

I can't even remember the last DVD I bought, it's been so long. It might have been Elf, but it could just have easily been Amelie I have varied tastes
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast