+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

Just picked up Freedomland with Julianne Moore and Sam Jackson.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

FORT Newbie
    Recently, I have just watched the "Over the Hedge" and "Just like Heaven".

I really liked over the hedge. It wasn't my first choice of movie but it was fun to watch. I really enjoyed it a lot.

About the "Just like Heaven", I learned from this review http://mydvdreviews.com/2006/06/12/just-like-heaven/ that this movie was a box-office hit, owing its success to the metaphysical comedic romance story. And I agree for this! this was great and a perfect date movie to watch

FORT Newbie
    Office Space "with more flare" edition and The Waterboy.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I gave mr. gracie Pale Rider and Basic for Father's Day.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I popped into a comic store in Boston while on vacation which had a yyuuuggge assortment of movies and television shows on DVD, so I bought Firefly and Serenity. Yippee! Something to watch each Saturday night until the fall.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I picked up:

Napolean Dynamite-2 Disc Special Edition
    I Wake Up Screaming
    Hannah and Her Sisters

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Elizabethtown (haven't watched it yet tho)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I went shopping with my daughter and picked up Sleepless In Seattle, Maverick and Caddyshack for me and Bend It Like Beckham for her. (Still replacing vhs tapes)
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

I just got a package from Amazon containing the Nicole Holofcener/Catherine Keener trilogy I ordered (Walking & Talking, Lovely & Amazing and Friends with Money). I've seen Lovely & Amazing and just loved it, as did, surprisingly, Mr. Rattus. I say surprisingly because it's quintessential chick flick, though the thought crosses my mind that the delightful Catherine Keener might have something to do with that (he pines for her ). I'm going to wait until the first blizzarding Saturday, get a fire going, wrap myself in my furry throw, gather some particularly choice snack foods (water biscuits with brie and pate, eclairs from the local bakery, a bottle of Amarula), get a kitty purring by my side and watch all three in blissful chick flick abandon.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

The Adventures of Brisco County. I liked the show up to the point he kills John Bly it quickly loses steam after that.

+ Reply to Thread