+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

Rent and Brokeback Mountain.

Just got
    Grounded For Life, Season Two
    Napoleon Dynamite, Like the Best Special Edition Ever!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Today, I got the unrated version of The Sweetest Thing at Best Buy. It was on sale for $6.99 and cracked me up when I saw it the first time. I'm anxious to see all of the deleted scenes!
    OMG lildago - That movie makes me cry I laugh so hard when watching it. When she's um...stuck....and the entire room starts singing Aerosmith, I about lose it. Let us know what the deleted scenes are like! I might need to rent it just to watch them!!!

I've now added The Wedding Singer, all 3 Back To The Futures, all 3 Austin Powers and the irst Season of ER to my ever-growing collection. I'll be picking up The Producers soon and I am anxiously awaiting my copy of Bill Cosby Himself in the mail.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Excellent choices, Pomeraniac! I own a copy of The Virgin Suicides and it's the kind of movie you can watch several times without getting tired of it. In other words, an ideal DVD purchase. There's a dreamlike, eerily beautiful yet disturbing overall feel to it that I really, really love. Let us know how you like it. Supersize Me is another great one, with an important (and scary!) message to boot. McDonald's lost its appeal to me after I saw it.
    Thanks, geek! I am the most ignorant person I know when it comes to movies 'cause I almost never watch them. I know nothing about The Virgin Suicides, but I grew up in the 60s and 70s and was friends with a girl from a family of five sisters (I'm still great friends with her, in fact) so the movie caught my attention. I'm saving it for last of this pack of four.

I'll definitely come back in here as I watch them and I'll let you know what I think. For starters, I should tell you all that I'm watching them on my laptop.

For a reality TV addict, I'm pretty darned old-fashioned when it comes to those television contraptions: (a) I don't have cable or dish; (b) I use a rabbit ears antenna (I'm going to "modernize" it this summer by getting a long cord for it and hiding the thing in my closet after I paint the apartment); (c) I used to have a VCR but I loaned it to my parents and then it was damaged in their recent house fire; and (d) I don't own a DVD player - yet.

I'm watching DVDs on my laptop 'cause when I moved into my apartment (almost 5 years ago) I immediately bought a 64-inch projection TV but the delivery guys couldn't even get it through my door. They laughed at me for even buying something so huge. Later this year I'll buy a plasma TV that'll slide through the door and hang on my living room wall but in the meanwhile I'll be watching my DVDs on one of my laptops 'cause it's not worth it to hook up a DVD player to my chintzy little TV.

FIRST UP: SUPERSIZE ME. I loved this film. Morgan Spurlock hit a lot of nails on the head with it, and since I already live a pretty healthy life he was preachin' to the choir. Preachin' to the choir, for sure.
    I can see how a lot of people may be offended by how bluntly he presented his message, but as a (dormant) scientist I know exactly how important that message is.

What a shockingly necessary movie; I loved this film.

NEXT UP: Wag the Dog. That'll be tomorrow, at the earliest, but I'll let you know what I think. I am going to make THE POMERANIANS sit through this one, too, just to get their take on it.

Just picked up this morning:
    High School Musical
    Cheaper by the Dozen 2
    All Over It

Perfect end of the year movies for school

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac View Post

NEXT UP: Wag the Dog. That'll be tomorrow, at the earliest, but I'll let you know what I think. I am going to make THE POMERANIANS sit through this one, too, just to get their take on it.

I fear the Poms may be disappointed, but I can pretty much guarentee you'll never believe pictures don't lie again!

Just delivered from Amazon today:
    So Little Time-The Complete Series
    Wings-The Complete First and Second Seasons

I can't wait for school to be over, so I can actually start watching all my movies!

24 Season 1

Premium Member
    I bought Miami Vice Season 1 for Mr. Marleybone.

+ Reply to Thread