+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: Your most recent DVD purchases

do you have "corpse bride" on your list? he did the voice of the main character in that one. my daughter LOVES him too....

Yes I will get that soon. All the ones on the list of movies I need are ones that he's in. Whether as a star or just as a guest spot (Like Freddy's Dead and Platoon)
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3203578;
    Update on my quest for Johnny Depp movies. After careful consideration and Amazon searches, I eliminated 4 movies. 2 of them because I had never even heard of them and I tend to shy away from buying movies without seeing them first to see if I want to own it. The other 2 I eliminated was because either it was unavailable or they only had Regions 2, 3, or 4 which is not a US format and therefore don't work in our machines. US needs Region 1. (I'm not sure why). So there are now 26 JD movies I need and I've already purchased 6 of them. The ones I've purchased so far are:
    1. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    2. Private Resort (which has already arrived as of yesterday)
    3. Platoon
    4. Cry-Baby
    5. The Astronaut's Wife
    6. Sleepy Hollow
    So there we are. I still have 20 movies to get. I thought I was only going to purchase 2/week but I got some incredible deals on the last 2 on my list so I got those as well.
    Chocolat was one of my most favorite Johnny Depp movies. I highly reccomend it.

He was to have a much larger role in Platoon, but when they started editing, they felt his character was taking away from the main character, so he was heavily edited.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3208842;
    Yes I will get that soon. All the ones on the list of movies I need are ones that he's in. Whether as a star or just as a guest spot (Like Freddy's Dead and Platoon)
    I hope that you will be picking up Dead Man. That is both my favourite Johnny Depp movie and my favourite Western. Okay, it's actually the only Western I've ever liked.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I bought the Blu-ray of Ironman yesterday and watched it last night. Amazing picture and sound. One of the best summer movies of '08.
    Treat me with respect and I'll treat you with respect.

Yep, I will be getting Dead Man
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Generally I borrow everything from the library, but when Disney's Sleeping Beauty comes out tomorrow, I am getting it!

I found Waitress and The Namesake for $3.99 each in the pre-viewed bin at Blockbuster yesterday They rent for that price, so =
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Last week I picked up "Iron Man" and today I got the new Indiana Jones movie. I fell asleep during Iron Man. It wasn't boring, I was just so tired. I figure since I own it I have plenty of time to watch it. My BIL borrowed Indiana Jones before I even had the chance to open it. On the plus side, he gets to be the one to deal with trying to get it out of it's sticky plastic wrap. I'll probably watch it this weekend. I don't buy too many movies anymore. I have to really like it or be invested in the franchise to buy one these days.

I would love to find a Region 1 DVD of Bugsy Malone but it's either in VHS (which I could always convert to DVD) or from another country. I don't know why it's not released on DVD for the US. I really liked it when I was younger and have been wanting to see it again.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I just ordered 2 more JD movies. The Secret Window and The Ninth Gate. Also, last week, I got Edward Scissorhands and Benny & Joon

+ Reply to Thread