+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

Re: Your most recent DVD purchases

A couple more seasons each of Touch of Frost and Midsomer Murders, season 2 of Dexter and Heroes, the original Nightstalker series, and, because they were on the $5.00 table, Kingpin and Airheads. Yes, I know that they're stupid, but I like watching stupid comedies while I'm doing manual labour (putting together the bed I bought from Ikea took an entire three movies - Zoolander, Club Dread and Groundhog Day).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

We've pre-ordered Prison Break season 3 (it's not out until next week over here). Can't. Wait! We spent last autumn watching the first two seasons in a frenzy, so I reckon we'll have finished the whole season in... oh, shall we say two weeks?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I haven't yet but I plan on purchasing all the Johnny Depp films available. Out of 30, there are only 2 that are unavailable. Now he's in 2 Nightmare on Elm Street movies and if I'm going to get 2 of them, I might as well get all of them. I can't wait to get this collection of movies from my favorite actor of all time! I already officially own every season of 21 Jump Street (I purchased the last 2 seasons and I'm waiting for their arrival).
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Just ordered a DVD of "The Lover". I haven't seen it in years but it's a very sexy movie and I loved the soundtrack.

Nightmare before Christmas limited edition DVD!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Sex and the City Movie!!! YAY! Loved the movie, and was so excited to get the dvd!

Update on my quest for Johnny Depp movies. After careful consideration and Amazon searches, I eliminated 4 movies. 2 of them because I had never even heard of them and I tend to shy away from buying movies without seeing them first to see if I want to own it. The other 2 I eliminated was because either it was unavailable or they only had Regions 2, 3, or 4 which is not a US format and therefore don't work in our machines. US needs Region 1. (I'm not sure why). So there are now 26 JD movies I need and I've already purchased 6 of them. The ones I've purchased so far are:
    1. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    2. Private Resort (which has already arrived as of yesterday)
    3. Platoon
    4. Cry-Baby
    5. The Astronaut's Wife
    6. Sleepy Hollow
    So there we are. I still have 20 movies to get. I thought I was only going to purchase 2/week but I got some incredible deals on the last 2 on my list so I got those as well.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I got the Rambo [Blu-ray] (2008).

Premium Member

Grey's Anatomy Season 4, Made of Honor, and Sex and The City.

Another JD movie update. I just purchased 2 more. Edward Scissorhands and Benny & Joon.

1. A Nightmare on Elm Street
    2. Private Resort (which has already arrived as of yesterday)
    3. Platoon
    4. Cry-Baby
    5. The Astronaut's Wife
    6. Sleepy Hollow
    7. Benny & Joon
    8. Edward Scissorhands
    So 8 purchased and 18 to go! I'm doing good. I figure if I buy 2/week, I will have the rest purchased in 9 weeks which means I will have them all by December 2nd.

+ Reply to Thread