+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

FORT Fogey

Re: Your most recent DVD purchases

The Hollywood Video down the street from me is closing, so they're selling all their inventory for cheap. I went on a buying bonanza and bought (some because I adore them, some because they were so darn cheap):

- The Groomsmen
    - Catch and Release
    - Something's Gotta Give
    - Dick
    - We Were Soldiers
    - About a Boy
    - Team America

I was a little sad that someone had snatched up Almost Famous before I could!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2612656;
    The Hollywood Video down the street from me is closing, so they're selling all their inventory for cheap. I went on a buying bonanza and bought (some because I adore them, some because they were so darn cheap):

- The Groomsmen
    - Catch and Release
    - Something's Gotta Give
    - Dick
    - We Were Soldiers
    - About a Boy
    - Team America

I was a little sad that someone had snatched up Almost Famous before I could!
    Our Hollywood video is closing too. About a boy and Almost Famous are two of my most favorite movies. But we already own them. We did get Elizabeth town for $5 at our store closing sale.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Bless his heart...my 14 yr old son is in there counting and rolling his change so that I can go buy Transformers (in HD no less) tomorrow....I'm surprised he hasn't asked me to be waiting at Walmart tonight at midnight to go buy it!

Can't complain too much because I can't wait to watch it again myself!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Al Gore winning this year's Nobel Peace Prize inspired me to go get An Inconvenient Truth today. I've seen the book around at bookstores too, so maybe I'll take a look at that too.
    Last edited by haejin; 10-16-2007 at 01:44 AM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Well my son is in hog heaven

He's now happily in his room watching "Transformers" and all is right in the bama house!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Regular

I just bought Outsourced. I posted about this movie, saw it in the theaters just a week ago, didn't realize the DVD was already for sale, but I guess it won't ship until November 1. I am happy because this was only showing for a week here and I have a couple friends I wanted to see it again with.

I just bought two DVDs in JR :
    Catch Me If You Can (2002)
    The Butcher's Wife (1991)
    Each of them is $5 .
    Because they are offering a coupon for DVDs now and here is the details : dealstudio.com :: View topic - Select DVD Movies for $5 each at JandR.com :: Deals, Coupons, Rebates, Freebies, Discounts, Bargains
    I just bought it there .

I don't buy new movies too often anymore but I had to get Shrek the Third. It was pretty cute and since I have the other two I felt obligated to add it to my collection. I also bought Transformers when it came out and although I liked it well enough, I didn't get the big hype that surrounded it. I guess I should have seen it on the big screen because it just seemed like a regular sci-fi movie on my regular-sized tv .

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2678137;
    I don't buy new movies too often anymore but I had to get Shrek the Third. It was pretty cute and since I have the other two I felt obligated to add it to my collection. I also bought Transformers when it came out and although I liked it well enough, I didn't get the big hype that surrounded it. I guess I should have seen it on the big screen because it just seemed like a regular sci-fi movie on my regular-sized tv .
    I too just bought Shrek the Third and like you I wanted to go with my collection since I already had the other two but I added another to my collection at the same time...Ocean's 13...lol...cute movie..not as good as the first 2 but I love most of the characters in those movies.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

I buy DVD'S when the price drops. I may not get them when they are current, but I pay a whole lot less. Circuit City had a bunch on sale for $3.99 this weekend. So I bought

I Robot
    Xmen
    Spiderman 1 & 2
    From Russia with Love
    Goldeneye
    Lord of War
    Panic Room $2.99
    Mystic River
    The Truman Show $2.99
    The Italian Job

All for under $50

+ Reply to Thread