+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

Re: Your most recent DVD purchases

Just picked up 10 Disney movies, I am a club member. I am very excited to add Donald Duck in Mathmagic Land to my collection especially because I am a math teacher. I have been waiting for years for this movie to be released on DVD! Also got a load of oldies and a couple new movies:
    The GnomeMobile
    Darby O'Gill & the Little People
    The Last Flight of Noah's Ark
    Follow Me Boys
    The MoonSpinners
    Summer Magic
    Toby Tyler
    Young Black Stallion
    Dear Frankie

An Inconvenient Truth, Crank, and Miami Vice - the worst acting ever!

I just read an article that movie studios are soon going to release DVD's in only HD or Blu-Ray format because DVD sales are declining. Now I know I do my part , but I can't imagine them completely getting rid of DVD's so quickly. I am not interested in buying an HD or Blu-Ray player.

I don't think they are going to completely eliminate standard dvd. Because if they did that, they would have even lower sale than they do now, due to the fact that not every one has an HD or Blu Ray Player and not everyone has a a new plasma or LCD or even a widescreen tv. I've had a faux wood magnavox 21 incher that's been with me since 1989 and it's still kicking.

I think they only want to push these two new formats in the forefront by reducing prices for players and stuff. I think whichever format has the better sales, then the industry will concentrate on that one.

I don't know if these new players can play regular dvd's but if they don't they would have to make a player that could. Also, they must remember that every movie that has been released would really not benefit.

Say, for instance, a cheapie B grade western or scifi/horror flick from the 30's up to the 70's or even the 80's will not look good on these new hi def systems because they weren't filmed for that. That will not be the problem of the new systems but the fact that these movies used cheaper equipment to film the flicks and these hi def systems will make something that looked decent on vhs or dvd with a regular tv look like C@$p.

I am just afraid that DVD's will go the way of VCR tapes. There is no way that I could ever exchange my collection without bankrupting myself!

New movies I picked up:
    Unaccompanied Minors
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2526183;
    I am just afraid that DVD's will go the way of VCR tapes. There is no way that I could ever exchange my collection without bankrupting myself!

New movies I picked up:
    Unaccompanied Minors
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Ya, we can only get the films implanted into little chips that can be put into our brains in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Spad1918;2526815;
    Ya, we can only get the films implanted into little chips that can be put into our brains in the future.
    I think my head would explode!

tes

Yesterday I just bought
    Boogie Nights

Snakes On A Plane - bought it for $2.00

It was worth that much.

Hey I bought Apple Dumpling Gang $10 ,Girl Happy $7 ,Black Lagoon - Vol. 2 for $25 . And you know that I've got good news for you , I happened to get a coupon ( $5 off on DVD at Deepdiscount.com ) for DVDs in a deal site ,if any of you want to buy DVDs you should not miss it :
    dealstudio.com :: View topic - $5 off on DVD at Deepdiscount.com :: Deals, Coupons, Rebates, Freebies, Discounts, Bargains
    Hehe hope this can be helpful to you .
    Last edited by walkvideo; 09-11-2007 at 03:32 AM.

+ Reply to Thread