+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    "King Kong" and tomorrow "Fun with Dick and Jane" with Jim Carrey comes out so yep..I'll be there....(both will be in Easter basket for my son!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I think you mean Shel Silverstein, nilesgirl. He wrote the book Where the Sidewalk Ends. The movie Where the Sidewalk Ends (unless there's one of the Silverstein book that I don't know about) is a 50s noir film directed by Otto Preminger.
    Yes, Critical, Otto Preminger... a wonderful director, I have seen a lot of his films, they have such a gritty edge to them and of course they should especially in film noir.

I'm really into buying TV shows on DVD at the moment. Quite recently, I bought the ninth and final season of The X-Files, making my collection complete. I watch the episodes obsessively; I just can't seem to get enough of elaborate conspiracy theories, aliens, monsters, vampires, and Mulder and Scully's unmistakable but hardly ever addressed sexual chemistry. Since I love all things Chris Carter, I also bought the first season of Millennium. It's darker, gloomier and more disturbing than The X-Files but I love it and can't wait to buy the other two seasons. I'm also thinking of getting The O.C., Scrubs, Freaks and Geeks and Carnivale on DVD. Aside from the DVDs mentioned above, I already own season one of Twin Peaks (when, oh when, will the second season come out?), season 1-3 of Seinfeld, season one and two of The Office (The British version) and several seasons of The Simpsons. Am I the only one who thinks that TV series are best enjoyed on DVD? I love being able to watch as many episodes as I like back to back without being annoyed by commercial breaks.

As for movies, I usually only buy ones that I know I'll watch more than once. I'd love to have a more extensive DVD library, but I tend to stick with what I know. Consequently, my DVD collection mainly consists of David Lynch movies and old high school movies from the 1980's starring Molly Ringwald or John Cusack. I will, however, buy I Walk the Line when I find the time. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time, and I know that I'll watch it over and over again.
    Last edited by geek the girl; 04-11-2006 at 12:26 PM.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I forgot to mention King Kong. I've also reserved my copies of The Producers and the Special Edition 2 Disc DVD of The Little Mermaid. I have several other movies but I've had them for a while.
    Here is a list of my entire collection so far:
    All 3 Aladdins
    Annie
    Apollo 13
    Batman Begins
    Beauty & The Beast
    Brother Bear
    Butterfly Effect
    Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
    Chicago
    Christmas Story
    Chronicles of Narnia
    Clue
    Dirty Dancing
    Dukes of Hazzard (Christmas present)
    ET
    Both Final Destination movies
    Finding Nemo
    Friends Season 1
    Gangs of New York
    Gladiator
    Gone With The Wind
    Both Grease movies
    All 4 Harry Potters
    Hello Dolly
    How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey)
    Jesus of Nazareth
    Kangaroo Jack
    King Kong
    Left Behind
    Lilo & Stitch
    Lion King
    All 3 LOTR
    LOST Season 1
    Madagascar
    Man In The Iron Mask
    Man On The Moon (Jim Carrey)
    Matrix collection
    Monsters, Inc.
    Mulan
    Muppets Take Manhattan
    The Outsiders
    Phantom of The Opera
    Pirates of The Caribbean
    Polar Express
    Prince of Egypt
    Rocky Marciano (I'm best friends with his nephews)
    Both Santa Clause movies
    Scooby-Doo
    Scorpion King
    All 3 Screams
    Selena
    Shrek
    Silk Stalkings Seasons 1-3
    Sound of Music
    Spaceballs
    Spider Man
    Complete Collection of Star Wars
    Tarzan
    That 70's Show Seasons 1 & 2
    Titanic
    Both Toy Story movies
    Tron (my husband insisted)
    21 Jump Street Season 1
    Willy Wonka
    and Wizard of Oz
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I just picked up Pooh's Grand Adventure and The Greatest Game Ever Played this morning

I just got Narnia the other day and love it.
    Adversity reveals genius. -Horace

The Sopranos (I don't get HBO), Complete Seasons 1 and 2. I'm saving my pennies for the rest!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Today I bought.....

Devil's Advocate
    Sideways

I finally got it in the mail yesterday! Both "I Know What You Did Last Summer" and "I Still Know What You Did Last Summer" and all 3 Urban Legend movies! Can't wait to dig into it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar
    I'm in the process of replacing my vhs tapes with dvds so I just bought Explorers, Necessary Roughness and for mr. gracie The Three Stooges. He loves those. I'm torn on getting King Kong. It's the selection of the month on Columbia House, but I don't know if I want to buy it without seeing it first. I did that with Collateral and didn't watch it for a couple of months after I bought it. Not too bad especially since Mr. Cruise died at the end.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

+ Reply to Thread