+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Your most recent DVD purchases

We all know whose house to bring the popcorn to!

Kimrs, you have quite a collection. Do you have a whole wall full of movies?

I used to buy new movies all the time. Then I started waiting until they made their way to pawn shops or used prices at the video store. Then I started waiting for them to come on cable! I think we have about 400 movies and now I only buy those that I absolutely love and would watch more than one time.

So I guess I hijacked the thread because I haven't bought anything recently. I'm just fascinated by Kimrs collection.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2300440;
    We all know whose house to bring the popcorn to!

Kimrs, you have quite a collection. Do you have a whole wall full of movies?

I used to buy new movies all the time. Then I started waiting until they made their way to pawn shops or used prices at the video store. Then I started waiting for them to come on cable! I think we have about 400 movies and now I only buy those that I absolutely love and would watch more than one time.

So I guess I hijacked the thread because I haven't bought anything recently. I'm just fascinated by Kimrs collection.

I see a movie I want at Walmart, Giant, Bj's, Circuit City and I buy it. It is a pretty bad obsession.

Pretty close to a wall full. I have one six-tier shelf just for box sets (169) sorted by TV show in alphabetical order, the by movie collections in alphabetical order. Then in my entertainment ceter, I threw away all of the DVD covers and bought portfolios that hold 208 movies. I have six of those one for Disney Animated, Disney Live Action, Children's Cartoon movies, Children's Live Action/Teen Movies, Comedies/Horror (in one), Drama and Action. All alphabetized as well.

One of my friends rewrote the words to Dancing Queen to be Movie Queen for me. And a lot of my friends call me "Kim-buster" and ask to borrow movies all the time.

Today I bought seasons 1 and 2 of The X-Files as well as Cemetary Man, an excellent Italian horror/comedy, and Children of Men, my favourite movie from last year.
    As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron. - H.L. Mencken .

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Ok I must bow down to kimrs on the movie collection! Holey moley!

We bought Happy Feet........I absolutely LOVE that movie!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2305812;
    Ok I must bow down to kimrs on the movie collection! Holey moley!
    Thank you

I just picked up The Good Shepherd, Charlotte's Web and Jump In.

I mainly buy older movies that I have/had on VHS. Not too many newer movies impress me that I want to buy them. But hubby got me a DVD recorder for Christmas so I've burned The Wedding Date, Wedding Crashers, Just Friends and That Thing You Do! off HBO. We did buy Superman Returns. TV shows I have all 10 seasons of Friends, Sex and the City Seasons 1 and 2 and I'm watching a few Newsradio sets on ebay.

Just picked up: Black Christmas, Little Women (with Winona Rider) and Black Beauty (with Sean Bean)

In the bargain bin at Walmart you can find great older movies getting a release on DVD for $5.

Re: Your most recent DVD purchases

I just got The Holiday and both Princess Diaries videos

The Holiday I bought without actually seeing beforehand as everyone of my friends told me it was a Jluvs movie. They couldn't have been more right.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Children of Men (HD DVD)
    Babel (HD DVD)
    Serenity (HD DVD)
    King Kong (HD DVD)
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Freedom Writers
    School Ties
    The Fantastic Four Season 1 Volume 1

+ Reply to Thread