+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lola Rennt - Run Lola Run!

Lola Rennt - Run Lola Run!

Do any of you know this movie? It's huge in my native Germany and I wanted to know if it ever got around the americans (other than the underground scene.). It came out in 1998 I believe, but it's still a cultural icon to the younger generations of europe.

If you do a search in the main movie forum area for "lola", you'll find some previous discussion about this movie, although I don't think there was a full thread for it.

I was a big fan of this movie, although I really wish I hadn't seen an overdubbed version. I would have much preferred subtitles.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nikoniko View Post
    Do any of you know this movie? It's huge in my native Germany and I wanted to know if it ever got around the americans (other than the underground scene.). It came out in 1998 I believe, but it's still a cultural icon to the younger generations of europe.
    It didn't get a huge audience in the U.S. but it was a critical fave. Franka Potente was EXCELLENT in it, and I'm convinced that one of Sydney Bristow's most famous looks on "Alias" (mop of red hair) was an homage to Potente's character. Matt Damon also was a fan of the movie and when they were looking for a female lead in "The Bourne Identity," he really pushed for Franka to get the part. GREAT MOVIE! (I should say movies, as I liked "BI" as well!) I didn't even realize there was an overdubbed movie... The subtitled one is the one I rented and I loved it!

I saw it several times (even bought it, but can't remember who I loaned it to - several years ago ). Great movie.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

oh! i'm sorry amanda.

i have never seen the dubbed version. good thing i didnt.

in the original there are a lot of german sayings that you can't really get in english, but i found the sub titles to do a little justice to the original script.

No need to be sorry at all. I just figured you might be interested in the previous comments, even if they're kind of spread out in other threads.

And yeah, the dubbing was awful, but now I think I just need to go get my hands on a subtitled copy.

yeah!

i definately think you should. the words will match the mouths and you can hear the lovely german language. hahaha.

Fort Member
    The subtitled version made it to Australia have not seen the dubbed version
    I loved it, its one of my favourite films, even brought the DVD

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    I loved it. Watched it twice and recommended it to others.

Kao
    Love this movie to bits, the subtitled version is awesome. And if you loved RLR, check out "The Princess and the Warrior" because Famke is also in that one, it's by the same director, and has that hot-ass Benno Fuhrman in it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast