+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basic Instinct 2

Basic Instinct 2

Basict Instinct 2 - Risk Addiction
    Opening March 31, 2006
    Sharon Stone, David Morrisey

Everything interesting begins in the mind.
    Attachment 16758Attachment 16759
    Synopsis:

In the sexy and sleek psychological thriller Basic Instinct 2, after re-locating from San Francisco to London, best-selling crime novelist Catherine Tramell (Sharon Stone) once again finds herself on the wrong side of the law. Dr. Michael Glass (David Morrissey), a respected London criminal psychiatrist, is brought in by Scotland Yard detective Roy Washburn to perform a psychiatric profile and evaluation of Tramell following the mysterious death of a top sports star.

Physically drawn to Tramell and mentally intrigued by her, Glass, against the advice of his mentor, Dr. Milena Gardosh, is quickly sucked into her web of lies and seduction. The professional boundaries between Glass and Tramell are obliterated when she uncovers his basic instincts. A deadly battle of wits ensues, climaxing as Glass faces a choice that will change both their lives forever.
    --© Sony Pictures

Sharon Stone .... Catherine Davis Tramell
    David Morrissey .... Dr. Michael Glass
    Charlotte Rampling .... Milena Gardosh
    David Thewlis .... Roy Washburn
    Hugh Dancy .... Adam Towers
    Anne Caillon .... Laney Ward
    Iain Robertson .... Peter Ristedes
    Stan Collymore .... Kevin Franks
    Kata Dobó .... Magda
    Flora Montgomery .... Michelle
    Jan Chappell .... Angela

MPAA: Rated R for strong sexuality, nudity, violence, language and some drug content.
    www.sonypictures.com/movies/basicinstinct2/

Trivia: Columnist Liz Smith said that actor Harrison Ford was in the running for the lead when the film was initially set in the U.S.A. (more)
    -----------------------------------------------
    Stone says no to ‘Basic Instinct 3’
    Attachment 16760

Sharon Stone says that she will not return for a third Basic Instinct movie but hopes her co-stars continue, Digital Spy reports.

Stone (left) and Morrissey pose for photographers before a news conference to promote their new film 'Basic Instinct 2' at a London hotel on March 15, 2006. - AP Photo/Matt Dunham

The 48-year-old actress just launched Basic Instinct 2: Risk Addiction, in which she returns as Catherine Tramell alongside British co-star David Morrissey. She hopes Morrissey and others will keep the series going.

“I’m hoping David will carry the flag,” Stone said. “I'll just go to the movies to watch it and say: 'Yeah baby!'”

Stone also commented on the difficulty of doing justice to the original 1992 hit. “The un-crossing of the legs scenes with Michael Douglas was a very impactful moment,” she explained. “I can't imagine that we're going to create a similar or groundbreaking moment.”

[Published: 20-Mar-2006]
    http://www.star-ecentral.com/movies/...date=3/20/2006
    Last edited by misskitty; 06-20-2006 at 05:21 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

The only way I would watch this movie would be if it came on cable and nothing else was on because it was 3 in the morning.

I love the way she is declining a role in Basic Instinct 3, as if anyone has a desire to see her humpin' away when she's 60. Brings new meaning to the word "sexagenarian" don't you think?
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Everything I've read so far sounds like the movie will bomb. She should have stayed away from #2 as well as #3. It's hard to follow-up such a great movie as Basic Instinct was. Considering she hasn't done many other mega-hits since (that I can remember), it's too bad that she will be tied to this apparent loser.

Blah. Another lame sequel of a good movie. I don't think Sharon can pull this off again fourteen years later...I might rent it if there's nothing else interesting, but that's it.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I hated Basic Instinct, but I really do like Sharon Stone. Smart, beautiful and she's done so much for people with Aids.

This movie comes ten years too late, IMO. The first Basic Instinct got over because it was fresh and edgy. I guarantee that there will be nothing done in this sequel that we haven't seen done in another movie or made-for-cable movie.

Sharon Stone was recently on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart . She had HIM in stitches. She's a very beautiful smart woman. So I'm not sure what possessed her to do #2. Mind you, I wouldn't mind if I looked like her when I was her age!

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    So I'm not sure what possessed her to do #2.
    Money, what else?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Sharon Stone was recently on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart . She had HIM in stitches. She's a very beautiful smart woman. So I'm not sure what possessed her to do #2. Mind you, I wouldn't mind if I looked like her when I was her age!
    I thought she came off as a bit of a bimbo. I was thinking that Letterman's Farrah Fawcett interview now has some competition.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots View Post
    I thought she came off as a bit of a bimbo. I was thinking that Letterman's Farrah Fawcett interview now has some competition.
    Yeah, I have to go along with the "crazy old hag" viewpoint. The first movie was tedious and dim-witted and she's a terrible actress so I don't believe I'll be watching this even when it makes it to free tv in about 5 months.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast