+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Dirty Dozen" remake in the making?

Leo
    Premium Member

"Dirty Dozen" remake in the making?

http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.ph...3-064636-1469r

Hollywood to revisit the 'Dirty Dozen'

LOS ANGELES, March 13 (UPI) -- "V for Vendetta" filmmaker Joel Silver is reportedly writing and producing a Hollywood remake of "The Dirty Dozen" for Warner Bros. pictures.

Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec of TV's "Alias" will help with the writing duties, Daily Variety reports.

The original 1967 "Dirty Dozen" featured Lee Marvin as an Army major charged with training 12 criminals for dangerous World War II missions. It also starred Donald Sutherland, Telly Savalas, Robert Ryan, George Kennedy, John Cassavetes, Charles Bronson, Jim Brown and Ernest Borgnine.

It was not revealed how the writers plan on updating the classic film.

Silver's "V for Vendetta" opens in U.S. theaters Friday.
    This can't be a good idea, can it?

Wow, this boggles the mind. Remake usually means just recreating the original. I can't imagine there being anything left to tell or any way they could improve on the original. There are just too many remakes and not enough original movies being made.

On an aside...
    I just loved Posey I had a huge crush on Clint Walker when I was little. I never believed my parents when they told me actors weren't exactly the same as I saw on the TV, but were in reality middle-aged, elderly, or even deceased I thought they were as young and handsome as what I was seeing on the TV screen.

+ Reply to Thread