+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Til Human Voices Wake Us 02/21

Til Human Voices Wake Us 02/21

From Hollywood.com

Synopsis: For as long as people have fallen in love, they have been haunted; haunted by memories, by regrets, by unfulfilled longings. Dr. Sam Frank is haunted in just such a way. When Samís father passes away, he returns to his childhood home for the funeral, only to be accosted by memories of a summer of magic and pain. It was the summer that 15-year-old Sam fell madly in love with his childhood friend Silvy. Yet when Silvy appeared to have drowned, her body never discovered, Sam buried the painful memories of how she was lost and his own fateful role in the nightmare. Now, returning home as an adult, those memories have come crashing back, despite everything Sam has done to keep them at bay. Just as Sam is attempting to return to the city and escape the eerie sadness of his fatherís house, he sees a woman fall off a bridge, a woman he met earlier on the train who called herself Ruby. When Sam rescues her from the water, he only wants to make sure she will be safe, but he soon discovers Ruby canít remember anything. While Sam fights to rid himself of his memories, Ruby searches for hers. In the lost moments, passion is sparked. The closer Sam gets to Ruby the more he is convinced that he has known her all his life. The coincidences begin to pile up--the way she talks, the way she laughs, her love for the water and favorite poem, all the same as the one who came before. The mystery lures Sam even as it frightens him, drawing him further and further into the riddle. Yet Ruby has her own secret needs, ones which will turn Samís trip home into a battle between illusion and reality, into both a disquieting haunting and a hungered-for reconciliation.
    Genre(s):
    Romance
    Rating: MPAA R: sexuality
    Runtime: 101 mins.

Cast & Role

Helena Bonham -- Carter Ruby
    Guy Pearce -- Sam Franks
    Brooke Harmon -- Silvy
    Frank Gallacher -- Maurie Lewis
    Lindley Joyner -- Young Sam Franks
    Peter Curtin -- Dr David Franks
    Margot Knight -- Dorothy Lewis

For as long as people have fallen in love, they have been haunted; haunted by memories, by regrets, by unfulfilled longings.
    This has to be one of the cheesiest lines I've ever read.
    That alone makes me not want to see the movie, even though there are some good actors in it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

It does sound cheesy. The story is kind of interesting, but not enough for me to want to go see it at the theatre. Maybe, I'll catch it on HBO or something.

I agree.
    I just can't imagine making a theatre trip out of this one.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread