+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dark Blue 02/21

Dark Blue 02/21

from Hollywood.com

Synopsis: In America, the police are sworn to uphold the law and protect the innocent. But on the streets, it's everyone for themselves--and the streets are where policeman Eldon Perry honed his craft. Perry is a veteran cop in Los Angeles, one of the toughest cities in the world. A member of the LAPD's elite Special Investigations Squad, Perry is known for his tough street tactics, fiery temper, and a willingness to do whatever it takes to bring someone to justice. Perry plays fast and loose with the rules and goes over the line--until another cop vows to bring him down. When the SIS is assigned a high-profile quadruple homicide, Perry is put on the case along with SIS rookie Bobby Keough. Investigating the murders alongside Perry, Keough soon learns the grim realities of police intimidation and corruption. Meanwhile, Assistant Chief Holland is the only man in the department willing to stand up to the SIS. The SIS is a tight brotherhood, and no one has ever dared to take them on--until now. While Perry and Keough are trying to solve the murder, Holland is trying to end Perry's brand of single-handed "justice."Over the course of four days, the brutal murder and a racially charged trial trigger an explosive chain of events that resonate throughout Los Angeles.
    Genre(s):
    Crime
    Drama
    Thriller
    Rating: MPAA R: violence, language and brief sexuality
    Runtime: 118 mins.

Cast & Role

Kurt Russell -- Sergeant Eldon Perry Jr
    Ving Rhames -- Deputy Chief Arthur Holland
    Scott Speedman -- Bobby Keough
    Michael Michele -- Beth Williamson
    Brendan Gleeson -- Jack Van Meter
    Lolita Davidovich -- Sally Perry
    Khandi Alexander -- Janelle Holland

I wonder why I haven't seen trailers for this. It looks interesting.

I sw one the other day and it did look pretty good.
    I would go and see it but it's not on the top of my list of ones I want to see being released this week.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Very interesting and intense story. I like Kurt Russell but he looks kind of mean in this movie. I thought the previews showed him as being one of the bad guys.

I caught a couple of previews tonight, I think it has the potential to be one of the better movies of the year so far.
    Although it does sound a little like Training Day.
    I don't have low self-esteem. I'm an egomaniac who just happens to be stupid and ugly.

Yes, it does have a Training Day kind of sound about it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Kurt Russell seems to be picking his appearances pretty well at this point in his career. When he's on, he can be an electric screen presence. I think this movie should be a good one. Ving Rhames is a strong actor, as well.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

+ Reply to Thread