Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Saw this on the ET website http://et.tv.yahoo.com/newslink/13806/

Can't wait!
    ______________________________ _________
    Cameras To Roll On New 'Potter' Flick!

February 2, 2006

The fifth installment in the 'Harry Potter' movie franchise begins filming next week, announced Warner Bros. on Thursday. 'Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix' will reunite DANIEL RADCLIFFE, EMMA WATSON and RUPERT GRINT, who will reprise their roles as teenage wizards. Director DAVID YATES takes the 'Potter' reigns this time out and actress IMELDA STAUNTON ('Vera Drake') has just been added to the cast to play one of the teachers at Hogwarts. The movie is scheduled to hit theaters in 2007.

I guess Imelda will be playing Umbridge?

I wonder how long we will have to wait. Do you think we will get the next book or the movie first?
    Here comes Avery! April 10, 2006

CNN relayed a fairly comprehensive cast list.

Attached are images of the actresses playing Umbridge, Tonks and Luna Lovegood.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

I'm glad that the same regular cast will be in the movie. I wish we didn't have to wait 2 years between movies though

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I'm glad that the same regular cast will be in the movie. I wish we didn't have to wait 2 years between movies though
    I love that the same cast is coming back, I feel like they ARE the movies at this point as much as the story. I love seeing how the kids have matured into young adults and better actors.

Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    CNN relayed a fairly comprehensive cast list.

Attached are images of the actresses playing Umbridge, Tonks and Luna Lovegood.
    phat...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did a search on imbd yesterday and all they had was the production crew listings and the main 3 actors. My favorite character in the Order and Half-Blood is Luna Lovegood and I so want Ron and Luna to get together!! Yes, I know, I know....everyone else want Ron and Hermione but as a grown-up Hermione (myself) the fascination with Ron would be short-lived, and his lack of initiative would drive me BONKERS!!! Ron needs someone who will allow him to develop at his own pace and not judge him, as Hermione/Lambi would.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    phat...YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did a search on imbd yesterday and all they had was the production crew listings and the main 3 actors. My favorite character in the Order and Half-Blood is Luna Lovegood and I so want Ron and Luna to get together!! Yes, I know, I know....everyone else want Ron and Hermione but as a grown-up Hermione (myself) the fascination with Ron would be short-lived, and his lack of initiative would drive me BONKERS!!! Ron needs someone who will allow him to develop at his own pace and not judge him, as Hermione/Lambi would.

Not quite every one else I would rather see Harry and Hermione together. But I doubt that will happen.

The new cast members look like they will fit the parts.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

This from imdb.com today:
    Actor Gary Oldman looks unlikely to reprise his role as Sirius Black in the next Harry Potter offering, after reports he has been mysteriously axed from the wizard franchise. Oldman, who has appeared in the last two movies adapted from JK Rowling's popular children's books, has yet to be signed for a third term - even though filming for Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix has already begun. The actor's manager, Douglas Urbanski, tells British newspaper The Sun, "You will be shocked to learn there are no plans for Gary to appear in the film. To say we are puzzled is an understatement at the very least! We are left with no choice but to pursue other employment for him." Vanessa Davis, spokeswoman for production company Warner Brothers, confirms no deal has been reached, but insists there is still time to resolve the confusion. She says, "With any film the priority is confirming the cast who will be on the set from the outset."
    http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-02-10/#2

I don't see how they could not have Sirius in this movie. I'd be sad to see them recast the part since I love Gary Oldman.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I can't get used to the new Dumbledore (although in that case they had to recast) and certainly don't want to have to see a different Sirius. Smells like a money dispute - I hope it can be worked out. Sequels are never as good without the original actors in a role, especially when the fans identify the actors to the characters as much as the HP fans do! And if they ever can't get Alan Rickman as Snape for the remainder of movies, then I might as well not watch them anymore!

And here I was thinking that modell Gemma Ward would play Tonks.
    I adore Imelda Staunton: she's been amazing in everything I've seen her in. She should be a great addition to the cast.

I agree with Critical: Firing Gary Oldman makes NO SENSE whatsoever, especially since The Order of the Phoenix relies so heavily on the relationship between Sirius and Harry. If Oldman's not in the movie, they're bound to replace him; I don't see any other way around it without turning the movie into something vastly different from the book.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast