+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

CCL

Re: Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632;2468959;
    Critical, she is in this one for maybe two minutes, but she blew me away. Even her still face on the tapestry was spot on. I think maybe I've just never seen her in something so perfectly suited for her. There is a bit where she is in a Prophet photo and snarling and WOW, that little bit was amazing, you'll love her!

Thanks for the spoiler info, I really wanted to say something about the movie, but didn't want to blow it for anyone who hadn't read the book.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The part where Sirius dies is really really good. I wasn't sure how I would like it since I hated it so much in the book, but it was beautifully done, as in take your breath away even though you know its coming and bam, tears in the eyes. I don't know if the same director will do HBP but I would LOVE to see what he would do with that death scene (assuming it wasn't just a bad dream I had and I actually have to see it)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Daivd Yates, who directed Order of the Phoenix, will be directing Half-Blood Prince as well so you will get to see what he does with Dumbledore's death scene.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I just came back from seeing it with my son. It was good but not great. I too think so much had to be cut that it affected the storyline. I thought the scene with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sirius dying was anti-climatic. I don't remember the details in the book but in the movie it was like here one second gone the next. I don't remember it being that quick in the book. And HBC's eyes were really buggy in this. I know she has big eyes but I didn't remember them being THAT big lol!

All in all it seemed more like a set-up for the next movie and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    not a whole lot was revealed in this one, mostly just filler
    . I did enjoy the casting choices though of the new characters.

Oh, and the movie at my theater started 15 minutes late and we were gyped out of seeing any previews. My son was particularly upset about that.

FORT Fogey

Ok, so we didn't get to see teh first five minutes ebcause of the STUPID theater having sound only... but the movie... I thought was OK. I think the fight scenes were done wonderfully, and the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    death
    scene was PERFECT... but everything else was just ok... book was MUCH better!

If any of you have the chance to see the 3D version I would encourage it.

Click to see Spoiler:
    From the time when they start flying on the thestrals until the end of dueling in the Ministry of Magic is the 3D part. I can't even explain how amazing it was to have all the spells, thestrals, wands and everything else just leaping out at you.

I was much, much happier with this movie than Goblet of Fire and I am relieved as it is my favorite book of the series.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I was impressed with the movie, but still prefer the book. I thought there were some scenes that could have been better, but I realize that it was already 2 hours 15 minutes long, and this was the biggest book of all of them.

Definitely getting this one when it comes out on DVD, hope it's by/before Christmas.

Click to see Spoiler:
    I wanted more Tonks, Mad-Eye, and Lupin!! And the end scene in the book with the Order confronting the Dursleys. Love Gary Oldman telling Lucius to take his hands off my godson! Hated that they made Cho the snitch, instead of her friend. They have all those kids running around the set, couldn't they have found a girl to be Cho's friend like in the book? I wanted to see the "SNEAK" on her face and Hermione to get credit for her magic coins and jinx. Love Neville, the actor plays him to perfection. He should have been shown getting much better after the breakout. I wish they had included Peeves!! That was a classic part of the Weasley's exit, and as a teacher myself I would have liked to see more of the disruption caused by Fred and George.

HATED how they didn't let McGonagle (sp) behave to Umbridge as she did in the book. I was looking forward to McG treating Umbridge with superior disdain. And they didn't ever acknowledge that the dementors were sent by Umbridge. Also, I miss the original Dumbledore, but thought Michael Gambon's Dumbledore played this to a tee. Loved Luna, the girl that played her did a great job. Wish we could have seen more Dumbledore's Army fighting, but loved to see the patronuses.

So much more, but can't think of it right now. I will be seeing it again. Soon.
    Last edited by mom2; 07-12-2007 at 12:22 AM.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

I saw it last night. I really liked it. There was more that I liked that disliked.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Weasleys are so good in this movie, Fred and George, Ginny, and Ron totally kicks bootie in this movie. What was the deal with no locket? and I wanted the big scene in Dumbledore's office! Harry is so angry in that scene I would have loved to see it. did anyone thing Snape's worst memory woefully short?

I reall want to see it in the imax theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by theatregirl25;2471063;
    I saw it last night. I really liked it. There was more that I liked that disliked.

Click to see Spoiler:
    The Weasleys are so good in this movie, Fred and George, Ginny, and Ron totally kicks bootie in this movie. What was the deal with no locket? and I wanted the big scene in Dumbledore's office! Harry is so angry in that scene I would have loved to see it. did anyone thing Snape's worst memory woefully short?
    My daughter saw it yesterday and had almost the same comments as you did. She also thought that 2:18 was woefully short and that it should have been at least 3 hours long.

I am waiting to see it with my son, who is away until Saturday on a mission trip.

8.5/10 maybe near a 9 for me. I really, really liked Evanna Lynch as Luna. She was great seeing that this is her first role in a film and she was the highlight of the movie for me. It did feel short but I think that was fine. The last quarter of the film was definitely my favorite part of the movie. The running through the corridor thingys and what not, very cool scene.
    Renee: ďYou can think Iím mean, you can think Iím rude, but thatís my opinion, and Iím going to voice it.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2469651;
    I just came back from seeing it with my son. It was good but not great. I too think so much had to be cut that it affected the storyline. I thought the scene with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Sirius dying was anti-climatic. I don't remember the details in the book but in the movie it was like here one second gone the next. I don't remember it being that quick in the book. And HBC's eyes were really buggy in this. I know she has big eyes but I didn't remember them being THAT big lol!

All in all it seemed more like a set-up for the next movie and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    not a whole lot was revealed in this one, mostly just filler
    . I did enjoy the casting choices though of the new characters.

Oh, and the movie at my theater started 15 minutes late and we were gyped out of seeing any previews. My son was particularly upset about that.
    I totally agree with you. My nephew has seen all the movies but has not read the books. I had to fill him in on stuff that was left out of the movie that was left open at the end of the GOF.

MY son and I went to see it last night. We were both dissappointed. They left so many little things out and changed a couple that could have been done exactly like the book.

The casting was dead on. HBC was perfect as Bellatrix and Evanna Lynch was just perfect as Luna.

My son commented that as a movie it stands up on it's own but as part of the series it fell short.
    Finally, after 22 years I got my honeymoon. Niagara Falls in February. Whats next the beach in December?

+ Reply to Thread